AM I THE ONLY ONE....?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Lip

AM I THE ONLY ONE....?

Post by Lip »

I am in the Birmingham AL area and was wondering if yall were hearing birds? Seems like the normal spots that always produce birds have left me hanging. AM I the only one not hearing birds right now? morning and afternoon nothing Ill go in before sunrise and leave after sun down and come out empty handed.... its really starting to get to me. I don't know if maybe its the weather or what.
Bossqtip

Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE....?

Post by Bossqtip »

Hearing birds gobble on the limb, and seeing them in Indiana.
Durs Egg

Post by Durs Egg »

They're all over here in Central Florida... which really bites because I can't get out for spring season (Achilles tendon rupture). :angry5:

My buddy tagged out already, first day out. :cheers:
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Been same thing where I’m at. Only a select few gobblin, only on the limb, disappear like ghosts rest of day. Know they’re there. My advice? Go where you know they are as evidenced by tracks, scratching etc. Hang tight with the sign. Now is not the time to take the blitzkreig Run n Gun approach because you aren’t gonna even know how many silent turkeys you push out and away. It will turn and you’ll show up and suddenly he ll show up and you’re the GOAT once again. Trust the sign😎
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

They are ripping it here in Va !
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Very few and far between here, 18 in a flock in Dec, lil' ones and hens.
Wife saw 6 in the yard a month ago and now 1 lone hen appears every so often in my trail cam.
Looks like it's already nesting time here with no toms to be seen ! ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Durs Egg wrote: March 24th, 2023, 6:20 pm They're all over here in Central Florida... which really bites because I can't get out for spring season (Achilles tendon rupture). :angry5:

My buddy tagged out already, first day out. :cheers:
OUCH!!! I ruptured mine a couple years ago. Walking boot and PT for a few months. Feels tight sometimes but all is well now.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Toms are still pretty much still in bachelor groups here in Mi. Seen a group of ten in S.E. Mi. Buddy in the north sent a pic of ten a couple days ago.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
bertienchunter

Post by bertienchunter »

Went out this morning in NE NC and not a gobble. Did see two long beards where I can hunt so that was a good sign. First strutter of the year for me and I normally see them in late February in my part of the world.
Bustinbeards

Post by Bustinbeards »

I live in the same area and am experiencing the same
Tntrkkllr

Post by Tntrkkllr »

Been hunting N MS, have heard birds on he limb ( some days ) and they shut up on the ground had one bird gobble until 8 but couldn’t get anything to happen. Haven’t even heard a mid day gobble.My normal spots that have birds have been very slim this season. Hopefully it turns around soon. Weather is so up and down here it’s really frustrating.
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Still have over a month to go here in New York till the season starts.
Been seeing birds in the fields on the warmer days fanned out. Havent heard any gobbling yet
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

Heard my first gobble of the year earlier this week. Seen a few out strutting but not many gobbling.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”