Which 28?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Prospector

Which 28?

Post by Prospector »

So, if you do not know, I have been considering a 28gauge turkey gun. I really like the Mossberg SA-28 TT. So a somewhat local (80miles) outdoor store advertised they had one. As I like to at least handle a gun before commiting, I called and was told it was gone…. But they had a Tristar 28 in the same format. When I looked at it online I realized it is a sharp piece of weaponry as well. I have looked thru posts and reviews on both ( all mostly +), however, I respectfully request some of you fellers in sight.
1) how’s the stock trigger ? 2) stock chokes? 3) if you have shot/ handled both; Do you have a preference? Any other caveats are also welcome… or, should I just throw my cares to the wind ( and my $) and just go get the Tristar?!? Thankyou
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)

Return to “Small Bore”