Schedule

for travel call members using #1 Lausman pot call
Lausman Game Calls

Schedule

Post by Lausman Game Calls »

Here’s the tentative schedule for the Lausman Travel Call.

Jumpmaster21
04/01-04/09
hookedspur
04/15-04/17
Roost1
04/18-04/25
Coastline_guide2
04/26-04/30
BennieGobbler
05/03-05/07
gooseabuse63
05/10-05/14
beak buster
05/17-05/21
Tboo
05/24-05/29
Lausman Game Calls

Re: Schedule

Going to ship this sweet black locust travel call to the first guy on the list last week of this month.
Can’t wait to hear some stories about the adventure! Good luck to everyone
Attachments
314C5E9C-279E-4341-B502-DB8533170B29.jpeg
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Great looking call!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

So what happens to the guy who gets the call and just keeps it????

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Lausman Game Calls

CamoMan4025 wrote: March 5th, 2023, 6:44 pm So what happens to the guy who gets the call and just keeps it????

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!
Lololol we actually had a little issue similar to that a few years ago but someone knew the guy personally and through him we managed to get it moving again. The short answer is “we know where you live” lololol
Lausman Game Calls

:turkeywave: Shipping the travel call today to jumpmaster21. In the box is the printed list with addresses and dates and a sharpie for signatures on the call. Some of y’all are going to have to ship it to the next participant priority mail so everyone gets it on time. Please keep it in the original box for shipping. Don’t forget to post pictures/videos here and on Facebook gobbler nation for a history of the adventures even if you aren’t successful with it tell us what happened! After season I will do a live drawing from the 8 participants for the winner who gets the call. Can’t wait! Good luck to everyone!
Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

Please tell us what all is in the box. Seems like last year there was some confusion about what or what wasn’t included in the box.
I bet jumpmaster21 is chomping at the bit to get his hands on it. I know I am…

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Lausman Game Calls

Yeah last year we put a sharpening stone in the box but this year it is the call and striker, the schedule and a sharpie. Hope it works out good for you.
Lausman Game Calls

Jumpmaster21 has received the call and it’s going to start it’s adventure this weekend! Looking forward to seeing some deadly hunts.
jumpmaster21

Post by jumpmaster21 »

The travel call is ready for the Virginia juvenile opener. She has a sweet sound, so hoping my little buddy has an opportunity this weekend.
Attachments
2B9F484A-277B-4AA7-8CC2-2223C8BE41C0.jpeg
Lausman Game Calls

Great picture, now go get some blood on it! Good luck this weekend.
jumpmaster21

Post by jumpmaster21 »

The first stop for the 2023 travel call was bitter sweet. The first hunt was the Virginia Youth opener on April 1. The hunt started out a little slow with minimal gobbling off the roost. Around 8:00 a.m. I hit the Lausman Call with a series of yelps and cuts, which fired a gobbler up. He came in with a jake and hen, but would not get any closer than 55 yards. I believe this was a bird that's seen his friends get taken out over the years and just didn't like the set-up. The jake and hen committed through the decoys but old boy stayed just outside of range for 1.5 hours and then slipped off with his hen. No other action that morning, but my little buddy had a great time and was shaking after the encounter. Hunt number 2 was on the Virginia opener, April 8. After speaking with Roost1, I decided to try a different approach with my blind and decoy set-up. On this particular morning the weather was overcast, chilly, windy, and spitting rain. We couldn't hear any gobbling but knew the birds had to be in the general area. Around 8:00 or so, I hit the call and thought I heard a faint gobble. About 10 minutes later a gobbler popped out with three hens and came right to the decoy spread. He was wary and moved off to my left, but within range so I took a shot and thought I had dumped him. He piled up and then got up and went into the woods. By the time I got out of the blind, he had disappeared. We looked for three hours and couldn't locate him. I'm still questioning what happened; we take this sport serious and I for one go through every bit of my equipment and guns prior to season. I'll chalk it up to user error, and do my best to never let it happen again. The Lausman Call worked flawlessly and fooled two old Virginia mountain gobblers. I added a call case to the box and shipped it off to the next hunter. Best of luck to all that have the opportunity to use it this year. Thanks again to the Lausman's for the opportunity.
Attachments
IMG-3192.jpg
IMG-3190.jpg
Lausman Game Calls

Wow that call pouch is an amazing addition and very generous of you. Good story telling but even though it was a disappointing outcome sounds like some exciting moments and definitely a learning experience. Thanks for the story and getting it on to the next guy. Good luck with the drawing at the end of the travel and with the rest of your season.
Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

The travel call has been handed off to coastline guide 2.
It was handed off on April 25.
Lausman Game Calls

BennieGobbler, checking to make sure you received the travel call.
BennieGobbler

Post by BennieGobbler »

Have not received the call.
BennieGobbler

Post by BennieGobbler »

Got the call. Wish me luck next few days!!
Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

BennieGobbler wrote: May 4th, 2023, 9:45 pm Got the call. Wish me luck next few days!!

Good luck!!
Lausman Game Calls

Gooseabuse has sent the call to beakbuster, it’s running a few days late as it makes it’s way. I am sure we will hear some detailed accounts from everyone before the end of the month. No matter if it’s a successful one or something else. That’s part of the idea that there’s a story to go with the travel. To those that have shared their experience thank you.
Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

April 14, the travel call showed up in KY with Papaw Neal and his best buddy, Raymond. After roosting a couple birds that evening we decided we all 3 would go in the next morning together. One bird gobbled on the ridge directly above us, while 2 more gobbled on out the ridge couple hundred yards away. As fly down time neared, a few light tree yelps was all it took and the bird closest sailed off the ridge and landed just past the decoy. Meanwhile the other two landed 150yds away. Raymond was on the gun but I told him to wait and see what the other 2 were gonna do. Welll they started making their way to us but the one closest started heading to them. I told Papaw to be ready and told Raymond to take his shot as I cut hard on the call. Raymond smashed him right there and immediately I started purring aggressively and the other came running. Papaw filled his tag and we are taking pics just a few minutes after 6am. Love it when a plan comes together.
Attachments
IMG_4640.jpeg
IMG_4642.jpeg
Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

April 18, started out slow. Hit a farm at daylight that I had scouted before season and found a few gobbling birds, however on this day the few birds I heard were all on the neighbors and not really close. So I made my way back to truck and drove 20 mins to another farm. Thought I’d do some blind calling and sit on a good listening point. Only one nice block of woods surrounded by thigh high winter wheat. I figured they would be in the wood lot or not on the farm at all. Lots of road noise, construction noise, and about 15mph wind. Every once in a while I thought I was hearing a gobble but it was hard to say. About 10:30 I called and bird answer maybe 150 yds away. He gobbled half dozen times and came in behind me but stayed 100yds out on the edge of the wheat. Wasn’t ling and he was gobbling walking away. I waited about 30 mins from last gobble and decided I needed to move to the west end. About 300yds later and a few calls, nothing. So I headed north thinking maybe he went to the backside of the wood lot and most likely in the shade somewhere. As I was easing down the logging road about 100yds from the wheat field on north side, I was looking across a wet weather area and saw a black spot in the fencerow. Sure enough it had a bright red head and a longbeard and was headed south, my direction.
I let out a few yelps with the travel call and immediately a gobbler. I hit the ground and crawled to the nearest tree to sit against. After a few minutes he stepped out behind the wet weather area and turned and came right up the old logging road to 20yds. I believe it was 12:28.
Attachments
IMG_4667.jpeg
Roost 1

Post by Roost 1 »

4/18 continued… little did I know we wasn’t done yet.
Buddy called and asked if wanted to tag along with him, he had some birds that didn’t want to co-operate. We got set up in a corner of a field with a couple dust bowls and feathers, along with some scratching and fresh droppings. As the shade was starting to settle across the field I let out a few soft yelps and it literally wasn’t 10mins later a nice gobbler came up out if the holler and the travel call had claimed #4 in KY in as many days.
Attachments
IMG_4674.jpeg
Lausman Game Calls

Wow that’s beautiful! Your story telling is gripping and the pictures are fantastic ! Congratulations to all! So happy to know you had success with it. Already looking forward to next year
Lausman Game Calls

So the travel call hit a few bumps in the road and it didn’t get to the last few folks on the schedule in time for them to use it but they signed it and if tboo gets it he will also sign it and send it to me for the drawing. Still waiting for reports on the call from a couple of guys but hopefully they will chime in so we can proceed with the drawing. I want to thank everyone for signing up and especially those who added their feedback to the story. Next year I have a new plan to make sure it goes much smoother so I am already looking forward to 2024! I will announce the drawing when I get it here.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Thank you for offering up those great calls..

Return to “Lausman Travel Call #1”