Diaphragm calls

Call makers showcase and advice on call making.
Mostaverage1

Diaphragm calls

Post by Mostaverage1 »

Can anyone please help me understand how someone would go about stretching the latex without a jig? Is a jig necessary? Any ideas on how to make one as I don’t want to spend the money on the limited jigs they have available
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Diaphragm calls

Post by Samm4770 »

I’m only going to give you my opinion on this subject based off 20 year’s experience. A jig is deff necessary to ensure you are stretching the latex consistent and even every-time. If you can’t do it every time then each one of your calls is going to sound different. Will be chasing your tail on how to build consistent sounding calls.

Thad bright would be the go to guy on mouth call presses I’m not sure if he on the forum but I know he’s on Facebook. He sells many different presses from entry level to mass production presses. Either way you get with him you will be happy and be producing nice sounding calls from day one.

I think if you try to stretch by hand and hold latex and try to crimp frames all done by hand will leave you frustrated unhappy and not pleased with your sounds you’re producing. Feel free to message me if you have any questions I will gladly answer any questions you might have.

Return to “Call Makers”