Comp-N-Choke Barrel Threading Update

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Roost 1

Re: Comp-N-Choke Barrel Threading Update

Post by Roost 1 »

Gobblez wrote: August 9th, 2022, 8:21 am
chris30br wrote: August 8th, 2022, 5:06 pm They didn’t do you a very good job or you wouldn’t be taken Sandpaper to well-known child manufactures threads. I do machining on CNC equipment every day and this is bull crap I’d be sending it barrel back. Name one factory shotgun and Indian Creek Chokes won’t screw into???? Lol
Indian Creek chokes will not screw into Mossberg International SA-28 barrel. Briley screwed in effortlessly, no go on IC without sending them the barrel. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has happened to.
Got 2 SA28 and 2 IC chokes, no issues with either.
It’s not the chokes…. It’s the tooling work done on the barrel no matter who done it.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

chris30br wrote: August 8th, 2022, 5:06 pm They didn’t do you a very good job or you wouldn’t be taken Sandpaper to well-known child manufactures threads. I do machining on CNC equipment every day and this is bull crap I’d be sending it barrel back. Name one factory shotgun and Indian Creek Chokes won’t screw into???? Lol
Indian Creek chokes will not screw into Mossberg International SA-28 barrel. Briley screwed in effortlessly, no go on IC without sending them the barrel. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has happened to.
That is because Indiancreek goes off the actual Beretta thread while the Turkish guns have crap tooling
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

I couldn’t screw a IC or Trulock choke into my SA-28 without the help of some Ballistol, a leather glove, and elbow grease. They go in smooth now, but it’s crappy tooling on the Turkish part. Now if I can get it to load the second shot after about 8-10 shots.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

2Shooter wrote: August 9th, 2022, 10:26 pm
I couldn’t screw a IC or Trulock choke into my SA-28 without the help of some Ballistol, a leather glove, and elbow grease. They go in smooth now, but it’s crappy tooling on the Turkish part. Now if I can get it to load the second shot after about 8-10 shots.
Dale Wildman said he had to take his apart and sand all the internals smooth as glass to make it run like a sewing machine

I may need to do that to mine. But so far it keeps on spitting out empties and loading and not hanging up on me
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Tylerray378

Post by Tylerray378 »

Just got my 410 rossi barrel back from them. It’s threaded for “browning invector”. Just got an actual browning choke in the mail today and it threads in perfect.

Return to “Small Bore”