Mobil threading

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
hillbilly

Mobil threading

Post by hillbilly »

Does anyone know who does mobil threading for .410s?
duckslut

Re: Mobil threading

Post by duckslut »

Sumtoy? Comp n choke maybe?
batsonbe

Post by batsonbe »

hillbilly wrote: June 10th, 2022, 5:03 pm Does anyone know who does mobil threading for .410s?
Check with briley. Going to be pricy though
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Indian creek
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Samm4770 wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:05 pmIndian creek
They don’t thread barrels

Wish they did
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

You might check Mike Orlen. Google him
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Sumtoy doesn't I contacted them also. Waiting on response from Como n choke
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Hoobilly wrote: June 11th, 2022, 11:23 am

Wish they did
I am mistaken thought I heard an individual send his barrel to them. That must of been for them to make a choke for an already threaded barrel?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Samm4770 wrote: June 11th, 2022, 3:42 pm
Hoobilly wrote: June 11th, 2022, 11:23 am

Wish they did
I am mistaken thought I heard an individual send his barrel to them. That must of been for them to make a choke for an already threaded barrel?
Probably correct

batsonbe

Post by batsonbe »

Turkinator wrote: June 11th, 2022, 11:32 am You might check Mike Orlen. Google him
He only does tru choke to my knowledge
Tylerray378

Post by Tylerray378 »

Comp and choke does invector for 410. I’m sending an old rossi on Monday with hopes it’s able to be threaded.
batsonbe

Post by batsonbe »

Tylerray378 wrote: June 11th, 2022, 10:48 pm Comp and choke does invector for 410. I’m sending an old rossi on Monday with hopes it’s able to be threaded.
If you’d be interested in a jebs x full I got one I’d sell you
patternfreak

Post by patternfreak »

I've got a 410 barrel with Comp N Choke that's been there 7 weeks today. Need to give them a call and see what the deal is
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

patternfreak wrote: June 13th, 2022, 10:25 am I've got a 410 barrel with Comp N Choke that's been there 7 weeks today. Need to give them a call and see what the deal is
Yeah that’s been there way too long

patternfreak

Post by patternfreak »

I called them and they said it will ship tomorrow. I think they just forgot about me. They said it turned out good so I'm looking forward to getting it back!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

patternfreak wrote: June 13th, 2022, 3:44 pm I called them and they said it will ship tomorrow. I think they just forgot about me. They said it turned out good so I'm looking forward to getting it back!
I tried working with them on a discount for GN members

joker lied to me and said he would

never did

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Tylerray378 wrote: June 11th, 2022, 10:48 pm Comp and choke does invector for 410. I’m sending an old rossi on Monday with hopes it’s able to be threaded.
Yes that's what they said when I called. I just was trying to keep all my .410s the same thread patterns the same. To keep the choke tubs down
Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

hillbilly wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:26 pm
Yes that's what they said when I called. I just was trying to keep all my .410s the same thread patterns the same. To keep the choke tubs down
I second that motion on keeping the choke tub down!!!!!!
Wasn't born, I was hatched!!!!!!!!!!!! and raised in Tennessee.
patternfreak

Post by patternfreak »

Got my barrel back from Comp N Choke after 8 weeks. They threaded it to browning invector and neither of my Indian Creek chokes will screw in

Barrel is threaded way too tight. Chokes won't even slide in down to the threads.

I am 0 for 2 on having barrels threaded and being successful with two different companies. I highly discourage anyone from thinking you will pay to have your barrel threaded and it will actually work
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

patternfreak wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:21 am Got my barrel back from Comp N Choke after 8 weeks. They threaded it to browning invector and neither of my Indian Creek chokes will screw in

Barrel is threaded way too tight. Chokes won't even slide in down to the threads.

I am 0 for 2 on having barrels threaded and being successful with two different companies. I highly discourage anyone from thinking you will pay to have your barrel threaded and it will actually work
Yep that is frustrating. Tight thread on barrel to keep from being to open and a oversized thread for error safety on a choke and you got a no go. I actually buffed threads on a choke to fit one of mine. Doesn’t take much

duckslut

Post by duckslut »

patternfreak wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:21 am Got my barrel back from Comp N Choke after 8 weeks. They threaded it to browning invector and neither of my Indian Creek chokes will screw in

Maybe try running a wire bore brush thru the threads a bunch ? Or get a cheap choke and chase the threads?
Tylerray378

Post by Tylerray378 »

That’s disheartening, my Rossi is there now. 😬
batsonbe

Post by batsonbe »

The barrel I had threaded the Indian creek chokes didn’t thread either. Indian creek can help you if you call them
patternfreak

Post by patternfreak »

Comp N Choke instructed me that Indian Creek chokes are threaded very sharp. Basically how he explained it is the threads themselves are "taller" than typical. He told me to take some sandpaper and lightly go over all of the threads and then grease the choke tube and run it in and out. I plan on doing this today and seeing if it solves my issue
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

patternfreak wrote: June 30th, 2022, 10:45 am Comp N Choke instructed me that Indian Creek chokes are threaded very sharp. Basically how he explained it is the threads themselves are "taller" than typical. He told me to take some sandpaper and lightly go over all of the threads and then grease the choke tube and run it in and out. I plan on doing this today and seeing if it solves my issue
It should

Return to “Small Bore”