The stuff one keeps

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

The stuff one keeps

Post by Samm4770 »

Going threw some old boxes and crap I had laying around for years and for brought a smile to my face all the old stuff I kept and some of the stuff I kept for no reason. If anyone needs instructions on how to use a palmers hoot tube hear ya go lol. No idea why I kept this for 20 plus years lol! Has anyone else ever found anything interesting when digging threw old stuff?
Attachments
B73C400F-DDB7-41D5-99D6-2EFCD27FA174.jpeg
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: The stuff one keeps

Post by Samm4770 »

Or does anyone remember these?? I think this one back in like 08-09 I don’t think they ever took off. Great idea though
Attachments
image.jpg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I have a palmers plastic owl call. Wish I had another as I made the hole bigger for more volume

I’ve never heard of that call holder
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Hoobilly wrote: June 25th, 2022, 7:29 am I have a palmers plastic owl call. Wish I had another as I made the hole bigger for more volume

I have a couple palmers hoot tubes. I wish I had more knowing what I know now. I used to buy them for like 20 bucks 20 years ago at wAlmart lol. And that diapfresh call holder was around a few years back around 08 in that period. The guy had a great idea it just never panned out. You would put your calls on these little holders that would keep the reeds separated and the calls would be submerged in a mouth wash keeping them clean. The company only lasted a few years
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hoobilly wrote: June 25th, 2022, 7:29 am I have a palmers plastic owl call. Wish I had another as I made the hole bigger for more volume

Seriously, they got pretty popular for a while they tried to market it pretty hard
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 25th, 2022, 8:50 am

Seriously, they got pretty popular for a while they tried to market it pretty hard
Buck in the early days I bought stuff. Once I found out what a great call sounded like I stopped buying stuff until I could feel it, run it or knew someone who I knew that wasn’t a idiot on what quality gear was. I sold all the crap I initially had. If I feel I need something while I’m hunting I look for a product to fill that need.

I honestly dont remember that company or product

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hoobilly wrote: June 25th, 2022, 10:06 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 25th, 2022, 8:50 am

Buck in the early days I bought stuff. Once I found out what a great call sounded like I stopped buying stuff until I could feel it, run it or knew someone who I knew that wasn’t a idiot on what quality gear was. I sold all the crap I initially had. If I feel I need something while I’m hunting I look for a product to fill that need.

I honestly dont remember that company or product
I've run the same pots and tube for ten years.... This year sat down built a few calls got a special one lost it, built another all I ran. Sal and I'd walk around convention run a call she'd say that sounds great buy it, nah don't need it....
Haven't hunted a vest in 15 years... The greatest invention for the turkey hunter in the modern era the Thermacell don't carry one either.. Hell the lil hunting I did this year I was sporting longbeards in the chamber.

Diaphresh sponsored the nwtf TV show, I think Simpson was sponsored at one time....
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

"Diaphresh" sounds like some kind of weird feminine product. They needed a different name, but I don't recall those either.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Hobbes_mobile wrote: June 25th, 2022, 1:02 pm "Diaphresh" sounds like some kind of weird feminine product. They needed a different name, but I don't recall those either.
Exactly! :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Hoobilly wrote: June 25th, 2022, 1:12 pm
Hobbes_mobile wrote: June 25th, 2022, 1:02 pm "Diaphresh" sounds like some kind of weird feminine product. They needed a different name, but I don't recall those either.
Diaphresh, and you to can shoot Pixie dust TSS while feeling clean, scent free and ready for tomorrow ! :dontknow:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Samm4770
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Samm4770 »

Hey whatever puts a turkey down lol call you what you want to lol
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

spider316 wrote: June 25th, 2022, 7:24 pm
Hoobilly wrote: June 25th, 2022, 1:12 pm
Diaphresh, and you to can shoot Pixie dust TSS while feeling clean, scent free and ready for tomorrow ! :dontknow:
:LMAO:

Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

I have a wood and plastic Palmers. Still carry the wood one but don't use it often.
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM

Return to “Gobbler Talk”