M2 barrel work

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

M2 barrel work

Post by Turkinator »

I’m thinking about having the barrel of my M2 20ga cut and rethreaded for crio chokes. Who would you recommend?
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: M2 barrel work

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Not sure you can get it rethreaded for Crio, I could be wrong though.
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

turkeyinstrut wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:32 am Not sure you can get it rethreaded for Crio, I could be wrong though.
Can't be rethreaded for Crio. I don't think it will be a problem, except for having to buy new chokes.
SteveRoseRAS

Post by SteveRoseRAS »

The suitability of threading a cut down barrel generally comes down to two things; availability of the installation tooling for the choke tube thread style and adequate barrel wall thickness to accept the threading.

The Italian guns often have a barrel that is thinner though the mid section (you'll notice if the muzzle end of your barrel is larger where the choke tubes is located). This can limit choke tube threading options on some barrels. To determine if your barrel is suitably for cutting and threading at a particular length measure the outside diameter at the spot you want it cut, and also about 2” behind that spot (in case the barrel is even thinner back there).

Minimum barrel outside diameter required at the choke tube area (last 2” of barrel):

12ga Rem-Choke .845”
12ga Win-choke, Browning Invector, Mossberg Accu-choke .845”
12ga Tru-Choke .825”
12ga Thinwall .805”
20ga Rem-Choke .735”
20ga Win-choke, Browning Invector, Mossberg Accu-choke .725”
20ga Tru-Choke .705”
.410 Invector (1.9" long tube) .525"

Here at Rose Action Sports we have the installation tooling to thread qualifying barrels for all the choke tube types listed above. Send an email to gunsmith@roseactionsports.com for more info.
Steve Rose
Rose Action Sports, LLC
Pembroke, KY
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

Well Mr Rose , that was informative and precise . Good info and thank you for your help!
10th Legion legionare !

Return to “Gun Talk”