Ghost blinds

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Mastevt

Ghost blinds

Post by Mastevt »

Don't know if anybody here has heard of ghost blinds, but I came across them on the Web last week. After watching the videos, and deliberating, I ordered 1. Let me say, I'm impressed! Made from tough plastic, in the USA, reflects from what's on the ground in front of it. Can't wait to use it hunting.

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Ghost blinds

Post by guesswho »

I'd lose that.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

Remember seeing those quite a few years ago. I had forgotten about them. Looking forward to seeing how you like it in the field.
“What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I was thinking about buying them not for turkey but waterfowl. Then I realized I'd need a crapload to accommodate circling birds. Hunted with a outfitter in Mt for turkey he had some when they first came out for pronghorn, basically offered them to me for free.

Dunno, brilliant concept, but I'd have to see them at work in real world
hookinembig

Post by hookinembig »

Just a heads up I have owned and used ghost blinds for several seasons. I have the large one and the runner version as well. They do best when you can have some brush in front of them. Make sure you try them out in different situations where you are going to hunt because the sun can glare off of them if they are set up at the incorrect angle. They are designed to be angled down but if you are on a hill it can create glare. Also they will fog up if you have them in the truck then take them outside so I recommend putting some type of anti fog on them to keep this from happening. Just a couple of tips.
BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

hookinembig wrote: February 27th, 2019, 9:35 pm Just a heads up I have owned and used ghost blinds for several seasons. I have the large one and the runner version as well. They do best when you can have some brush in front of them. Make sure you try them out in different situations where you are going to hunt because the sun can glare off of them if they are set up at the incorrect angle. They are designed to be angled down but if you are on a hill it can create glare. Also they will fog up if you have them in the truck then take them outside so I recommend putting some type of anti fog on them to keep this from happening. Just a couple of tips.
Great information, thanks for sharing.
“What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I saw those several years ago and wondered who in the world would buy one. Guess that question has been answered.
Hope it works for you.
Ultimate Predator
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Looks like more B.S. to me but if they work for some shooter use em.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
longwalker

Post by longwalker »

WOW!
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Bet the turkeys will really hang around when the sun reflects off it!! But if their blonde turkeys they might think God is taking their picture!!!! :D
deerhunt1988

Post by deerhunt1988 »

I'll never forget the first time I saw the vendor peddling these. They had a booth at the NWTF convention showing a video on loop of a guy crouched behind one walking right up to a flock of turkey in a wide open field and shooting the gobbler. Couldn't help but wonder how many 'takes' it took to get that.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Looks like another "smoke and mirrors" trick to me
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

deerhunt1988 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 2:05 pm I'll never forget the first time I saw the vendor peddling these. They had a booth at the NWTF convention showing a video on loop of a guy crouched behind one walking right up to a flock of turkey in a wide open field and shooting the gobbler. Couldn't help but wonder how many 'takes' it took to get that.
I believe it. Long story short, folks owned a general general store gas guns liquor etc We did all the gas for two car dealerships.

Long story short we had baby goats. We'd sell bottles for them. We never kept them after fall, one year I wanted keep one.

One day next summer he's 100 lbs, sees his reflection on a brand new trucks hubcap, unleashed all holy hell on it.

Ma kept salesman distracted, while dad drug 100lb goat through the parking lot before they seen.

Mom and dad's was once one of first places with turkeys here. I'll post pics sometime, our house roosted a pile at night. They'd attack slider when they saw reflection
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I hunted at Nilo Farms in Illinois, owned by The Olin's (Winchester) in the early 70's out of a mirrored duck/goose blind which was unbelievably effective on cloudy /overcast days. We actually had geese land, walk up to the blind, and interact w/ their reflections. They only hunted the blind on dark/cloudy days and even covered it when not in use.
mspaci

Post by mspaci »

just looks like it would be hard to lug around, if you like to go in & set up for a while prob work great
model94

Post by model94 »

Nice, but too heavy for me.
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

They work. Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jdjnicholson wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 12:12 pm They work. Image

Bow or gun? I imagine a bow or crossbow would do well with that blind
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

hoobilly wrote:
jdjnicholson wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 12:12 pm They work. Image

Bow or gun? I imagine a bow or crossbow would do well with that blind
Bow....you can see the cam over my rt. shoulder.

Return to “Hunt Strategies”