Another gun question

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
PreacherRitchie

Another gun question

Post by PreacherRitchie »

I've decided to not buy the m2 benelli and have went another route ..... I got the 870 youth and I'm going to save it for a winter build for my nephew....

I did go and buy a nef single shot 20 guage .....
I just mailed it off today to William ...at sumtoy he is going to lengthen the forcing cone...drill and tap for scope ... And thread the barrell for ckokes ....

Question is I already have a fast fire 3 on another gun
I'm interested in the new eotech mrds
Or the tricicon rmr or trijicon mrds...

Does anyone currently run the eotech mrds or trijicon .... Pros and cons .... And if you do what base did you use to mount this optic on your gun ...

Thanks PreacherRitchie
honker22

Re: Another gun question

Post by honker22 »

Can't speak for the eotech MRDS but I put the eotech 512 (I think that is the model, the camo one) on my youth 870 and love it. I used a weaver picatinny rail and that thing is solid... I know that isn't what you are asking about but I'm a believer in eotech. Dont know of anyone with a MRDS.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Another gun question

Post by Reloader »

Those look like nice sights. The only negative I've heard about the Trijicon is the dual source is dim in bright sun. I haven't seen that first hand, just hear say. The only Trijicon I've owned was a battery only source and no diff than a ff IMO.
PreacherRitchie

Post by PreacherRitchie »

Wander why ff 3 doesn't make a alluminum protective shroud
d.winsor

Post by d.winsor »

PreacherRitchie wrote:Wander why ff 3 doesn't make a alluminum protective shroud

I don't know but if you ever hear of a better protective shroud post it, I have been looking everywhere for one. I don't like walking around in the woods without a cover on it for fear of the lens getting trash in it. I also think that the I will lose the little plastic one the way I shoulder my gun.
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Another gun question

Post by Reloader »

I'm pretty tough on my equip and have logged many miles for years with the FFs and no covers. I've even dropped one gun and it landed on the site. No damage yet.

Return to “Gun Talk”