Shooting hen turkeys

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Shooting hen turkeys

Post by timbrhuntr »

If the eggs get killed or the hen And who came first?
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Egg raiders kill more hens while not hatched then a Bottomland army could.

I'll have to dig it up I have a pile of old T&Th mags, one article from Lovett said average lifespan of A turkey is 1.5 days including egg stage. I'll dig it up one day and take pics of the article, great study.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Nice first post!!
I think you’re about to find out!
You sir, are loaded with class!!
Too bad it’s all LOW..
Grow up, son!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Roy

Post by Roy »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 12th, 2019, 3:54 pm Egg raiders kill more hens while not hatched then a Bottomland army could.

I'll have to dig it up I have a pile of old T&Th mags, one article from Lovett said average lifespan of A turkey is 1.5 days including egg stage. I'll dig it up one day and take pics of the article, great study.
Didn't he say that wet springs had no effect on eggs/poults. He said it was all about the predators.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Roy wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:28 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 12th, 2019, 3:54 pm Egg raiders kill more hens while not hatched then a Bottomland army could.

Didn't he say that wet springs had no effect on eggs/poults. He said it was all about the predators.
I believe so. Now with what illinois are going through could see it on those drowned river bottoms
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Hognutz wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:03 pm Nice first post!!
Too bad it’s all LOW..
Grow up, son!
I believe I’ll block that one before we get another report from the sewers.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Hognutz wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:03 pm Nice first post!!
Too bad it’s all LOW..
Grow up, son!
That feller was a one hit wonder!

😆

davisallion1975. What a joker

The way he used language it was like he wanted to. E banned from the first post he made.. :dontknow:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

He absolutely did! I’m sure longspurs put him up to it. If it wasn’t him with a different moniker. Definitely a longspurs homey.
:violent3:
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Dang I missed it!
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

OLE RASPY wrote: June 12th, 2019, 8:23 pm Dang I missed it!
Didn't miss much, just a couple of og sycophants trying to cause trouble.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Hognutz wrote: June 12th, 2019, 7:40 pm He absolutely did! I’m sure longspurs put him up to it. If it wasn’t him with a different moniker. Definitely a longspurs homey.
Neither one of them said “frank is great” so they didn’t slip in from old masters!
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Turkinator wrote: June 13th, 2019, 12:21 am
Hognutz wrote: June 12th, 2019, 7:40 pm He absolutely did! I’m sure longspurs put him up to it. If it wasn’t him with a different moniker. Definitely a longspurs homey.
Neither one of them said “frank is great” so they didn’t slip in from old masters!
Turkinator..
I don’t understand the “frank is great” or the old masters thing? Is that from another forum?
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Hognutz wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:51 am
Neither one of them said “frank is great” so they didn’t slip in from

Turkinator..
I don’t understand the “frank is great” or the old masters thing? Is that from another forum?
a supposed turkey call forum owned by a callmaker where all posters are required to sing his praises in every post. It’s really irrelevant, sorry I brought it up. :dontknow:
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

No worries, Turk. I don’t get out much and figured it was something that I should have known. :lol:
The sewer rat has been taken care of. It’s all good! 🤟
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

jdjnicholson wrote: June 9th, 2019, 5:52 pm
hoobilly wrote:It’s ok to be passionate about what you love..

But some take it to the next level and attack people personally
Not to derail but this is on target. Guy on the other forum called a guy gay,thread was deleted eventually and only one member called him out. He also made horrible comments about Native Americans and again was called out by one member. They didn't have the balls to ban him. Totally uncalled for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Not the problem here.........Rumor is Hoobilly has YUGE BALLS!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
yuge.jpg
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

Turkinator wrote: June 13th, 2019, 7:22 am
Hognutz wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:51 am

Neither one of them said “frank is great” so they didn’t slip in from

Turkinator..
a supposed turkey call forum owned by a callmaker where all posters are required to sing his praises in every post. It’s really irrelevant, sorry I brought it up. :dontknow:
I'm surprised yOu dOn't knOw whO he is. He's the One with the big, red S On his chest. :mrgreen: :D
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GobbleNut wrote: June 13th, 2019, 10:11 am
Hognutz wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:51 am a supposed turkey call forum owned by a callmaker where all posters are required to sing his praises in every post. It’s really irrelevant, sorry I brought it up. :dontknow:
I'm surprised yOu dOn't knOw whO he is. He's the One with the big, red S On his chest. :mrgreen: :D
Francis? :LMAO:

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I hate to admit I kinda miss him always made forums entertaining. Some new guy who has know clue who their dealing with. post a pic with as he calls them RuBba tUrkEs. Go 10 daysarguing. Or when Hal started loading tss he'd argue about the PiXie DuST and how his federal 4s were superior. Or how everybody stole his dimensions. Or everyone's turkey dogs sucked

He had that forum darkside, it was all drama but entertaining. Seriously he was entertaining, when you got an old curmudgeon that creates his own board because banned everywhere. Only thing was personal attacks. If I can find his number I'll invite him here
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 13th, 2019, 3:11 pm If I can find his number I'll invite him here
:LMAO: Gee,...would you? You're swell, Tom! Ask him to put up a picture with him in his Superman cape for us...
I also need some pointers on grammar and punctuation that he can provide.... :toothy7:
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

hoobilly wrote: June 13th, 2019, 2:23 pm
GobbleNut wrote: June 13th, 2019, 10:11 am

Francis? :LMAO:
now that right there’s funny I don’t care who you are!
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 13th, 2019, 3:11 pm . If I can find his number I'll invite him here
You have got to be kidding. And you were. As you once said years ago on another forum poking fun at him:

"He was once a member here.. He was very gracious and courteous and tried to spread a wealth of information regarding the wild turkey its hunting, calling and call building.. He was very generous with information and out of sheer jealousy folks would twist and turn his comments and take them out of context.. Over time the domino effect occurred and more and more folks piled on much like on any internet forum.. Eventually the folks against him infiltrated moderation and were brainwashed and he was eventually banned for no wrong doing and only defending himself and his beliefs.."
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GLS wrote: June 13th, 2019, 5:00 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 13th, 2019, 3:11 pm . If I can find his number I'll invite him here
You have got to be kidding. And you were. As you once said years ago on another forum poking fun at him:

"He was once a member here.. He was very gracious and courteous and tried to spread a wealth of information regarding the wild turkey its hunting, calling and call building.. He was very generous with information and out of sheer jealousy folks would twist and turn his comments and take them out of context.. Over time the domino effect occurred and more and more folks piled on much like on any internet forum.. Eventually the folks against him infiltrated moderation and were brainwashed and he was eventually banned for no wrong doing and only defending himself and his beliefs.."
was that on the defunct NWTF forum????? :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

The GON forum about 5 years ago....
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

hoobilly wrote: June 13th, 2019, 9:42 pm

Hmmm,...I must have missed the "nice guy" phase of his forum participation.... :D :angel4:
RapscallionVermilion

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

Oh that's just perfect :lol: - long before I knew anything of the turkey boards, I knew him as HomelessjOe over on doublegunshop and that description is just so spot on. It was always heartwarming to see him give advice to some young fellow on what to do with Grandpa's old shotgun.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”