HOW MANY SOUTHREN HUNTERS HERE WILL FINISH UP THEIR HUNTS UP NORTH THIS MAY?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
quavers16

HOW MANY SOUTHREN HUNTERS HERE WILL FINISH UP THEIR HUNTS UP NORTH THIS MAY?

Post by quavers16 »

Every year, I read about Turkey hunters starting out in the deep South -- but really not too much about where Turkey hunters will finish up. So , if you live in the South-- will you bag some Gobblers up North in May to finish your Season?
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: HOW MANY SOUTHREN HUNTERS HERE WILL FINISH UP THEIR HUNTS UP NORTH THIS MAY?

Post by soiltester »

I usually head back to Michigan in May to hunt with farmer friends and fella's I've known in my 55 past years of living there :lol:

I've scaled back and only going to hunt here, Mexico & Michigan this year ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
makeumgobble

Re: HOW MANY SOUTHREN HUNTERS HERE WILL FINISH UP THEIR HUNTS UP NORTH THIS MAY?

Post by makeumgobble »

lord willing
aristico

Post by aristico »

Ill be giving upper Pennsylvania a try this may...
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Last week in May in Michigan is gold
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: March 7th, 2018, 9:50 am Last week in May in Michigan is gold
Skeeters & all :thumbup: :lol: :stir:
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

not this spring. gonna try Kansas wiha next year
El Sicario
BumbleFoot

Post by BumbleFoot »

“North” Carolina count? Ends in mid-May...
phutch30

Post by phutch30 »

Im starting in South Tx this yr in two weeks and finishing up in MT...but those are the only states im hunting
gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

soiltester wrote: March 7th, 2018, 11:19 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: March 7th, 2018, 9:50 am Last week in May in Michigan is gold
I go north of "The Bridge" the last week of May and many years the skeeters haven't woke up yet! And the gobblers and going crazy! :D
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

Not I, hoping to head West to TX though...
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I thought only Florida had gold birds ! :dontknow:
coconut

Post by coconut »

I stay in the sweat tea region.
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

I’m gonna try to head a couple states north of me, but not to the far north. Nebraska is a maybe and that’ll be it for this year. Never tried to hit this many states in one year.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

gobblerchsr wrote: March 8th, 2018, 12:53 pm
soiltester wrote: March 7th, 2018, 11:19 am
I go north of "The Bridge" the last week of May and many years the skeeters haven't woke up yet! And the gobblers and going crazy! :D
My farmer buddy in Garden, has invited me to hunt his farm & woods ever since he bought it :thumbup:
He moved there from Tuscola County and he still owns his farm there also. Shoot, he even got a nice MI bull elk this past year :shock: :lol:
BUT THEN, my wife would want to go along and make it a vacation and we'd be doing so many things that huntin' would be out of the question :banghead:
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

It looks like I'm just staying in MT this year. At best I'll jump over to SD or NE with the family. My family is growing up and all moving in too many directions for me to work out traveling like I used to in the spring. Add in a grandaughter, who's due date was yesterday, that will be here within a week or so, and hunting "locally" may not be as easy as usual.
Yule

Post by Yule »

Plan to be in western NY in May. A great way to spend Memorial Day !

Return to “Gobbler Talk”