Franchi 48al issue

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
alabamabowman

Franchi 48al issue

Post by alabamabowman »

Has anyone mounted a ff3 on their Franchi 48al 28gauge? If so, have you had any problem with the bolt hitting the screws holding the base on? The bolt was hitting on mine. Before I knew it was happening it pushed the screws back through the receiver stripping it out. Any incite would be appreciated.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

decoykrvr

Re: Franchi 48al issue

Post by decoykrvr »

The only solution is to retap and utilize shorter fine thread screws ( you should not feel the screws w/ the bolt out). I would also apply thread lock or glue to the threads.
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

you can step up the the 840 screw and fix the the problem. Now may need to sand the screw off.
taylorjones20

Post by taylorjones20 »

SumToy wrote: March 1st, 2018, 10:04 am you can step up the the 840 screw and fix the the problem. Now may need to sand the screw off.
What he said! :thumbup:
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

Better solution: the DaMar 6-screw shotgun mount. Screws thread into the curved, "fat" part of the aluminum on the receiver. Gunsmith installation is necessary (as the screws are about 45 degrees from vertical (3 on each side of the receiver).

Good read for you: https://www.gobblernation.com/phpBB3/vi ... =14&t=4326
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters

Return to “Small Bore”