Yildiz410

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Yildiz410

Post by Turkinator »

I have been shooting my yildiz some and have experienced what looks like a light hammer strike failure to fire about every 10th round. I took it squirrel hunting today and it clicked once on me. I suspect crud in firing pin . have any of you dealt with this?
Attachments
20171228_194227.jpg
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Yildiz410

Post by howl »

Yup. IIRC, it was incomplete seating of primers in my handloads. Never had the issue with factory loads. And never had it with handloads after I paid closer attention to how I assembled them.

I suggest to take the stock off any Yildiz for cleaning and lubing. I used to leave my O/U in the lid compartment of my dog box all the time. It got a little rusty in there. Now I take the stock off of them annually for cleaning and a dose of Corrosion X.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Yeah Turkinator I had the same problem, and it's a weak firing pin spring. Email Yildiz, and tell them what it's doing. Tell them that you think that it's a weak firing pin spring from talking to other people with the same problem. Email them everyday the same email till they answer. They are a little slow sometimes getting back with you, but once the ball get rolling they will get it to you purdy quick. Gil on here had the same problem, and pointed me in the right direction. Steve
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

2Shooter wrote: December 29th, 2017, 11:14 pm Yeah Turkinator I had the same problem, and it's a weak firing pin spring. Email Yildiz, and tell them what it's doing. Tell them that you think that it's a weak firing pin spring from talking to other people with the same problem. Email them everyday the same email till they answer. They are a little slow sometimes getting back with you, but once the ball get rolling they will get it to you purdy quick. Gil on here had the same problem, and pointed me in the right direction. Steve
Thanks!!!!!
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

How complicated is it to replace the spring?
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Turkinator wrote: December 30th, 2017, 7:51 am How complicated is it to replace the spring?
The best thing I could tell you is to let a gunsmith do it!
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Hammer spring.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Thanks Gil, how soon we forget!!! Sorry Turkinator :scratch:
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

When it does fire the primers are really dented deeply. Wouldn't a weak spring hit weakly every time?
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Turkinator wrote: December 30th, 2017, 10:43 pm When it does fire the primers are really dented deeply. Wouldn't a weak spring hit weakly every time?
It might just need to be took apart, and cleaned good, and lubricated. I would get the a new hammer spring from Yildiz, and have it put in while I had it apart. I had mine replaced , and it fired 25 Winchester AA target loads in a row, and before it would fail to fire every fifth or sixth round. Steve
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Thanks, I've sent an email to yildiz but no response yet. I'll send it again tomorrow.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Turkinator wrote: December 31st, 2017, 10:03 am Thanks, I've sent an email to yildiz but no response yet. I'll send it again tomorrow.
Your welcome. It took about 3 or 4 times for me. Maybe they will get back with you faster!
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

Yes. Had this problem and fixed it by slamming the Break action shut hard as crap. I don’t think the internals was resetting all the way. I’ve never had a issues since I started slamming it shut hard.
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

It took me a while to put two and two together. I remember subconsciously shutting the action pretty hard and I shot and it fired. I did it again with a second shell and shut it harder intentionally and it fired.

But the back story is the first shell that fired it had a light strike on the primer 2 times in a row. I got aggravated I believe and that’s when I shut it harder and it fired. So the second shell same thing I slammed the action shut and it fired the first time. My brain got to turning and was thinking I bet it’s not fully recocking itself when you just shut it lightly. So ever since then I’ve slammed it shut and haven’t had a light strike since.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

The lever that opens the gun is what cocks the gun. I don't know what difference the way you close it makes, but I wouldn't want to slam it shut all the time with a FF3 setting on top. I would get a new hammer spring!!! If it works for you SpitNDrumN that's good. Not trying to be a A$$, but I would be afraid of knocking the POI/POA of the FF3 off.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I'm having a problem getting a response from Yildiz. I'm emailing their website contact. Is there another one I should contact?
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I have no experience with the route recommended above. I would have tried calling Briley or just taking it back to the Academy gun counter where I bought it.

FWIW, mine that had the issue on handloads was lighting 22lr in a chamber adapter today 100%.

Also, you can recock the gun without opening it. Just pull that opening lever/trigger. I do that when dry firing on a spent shell for practice. Additional FYI, it's really loud when you've just shot a turkey. Spooks all hell out of any other birds there. I don't think I'll try to reload to cover the dead bird anymore...
reminex

Post by reminex »

Mine did same thing on replaced primers not fully seated, took 2 to 10 trys to get It to go off. It also did it on a few new hulls. It is easy to replace yourself but briley said I had to send gun in. They refused to send part. I called briley. My gun is highly modified with scope mount brazed onto reciever. Figured they would say my heating aluminum receiver voided warranty so i didnt send in. All this was after less than 50 rounds. I keep gun in fired position now to reduce spring stretch. Problem kinda solved itself by doing that.
reminex

Post by reminex »

Even considered buying a second, swapping springs and sending new one with bad spring in for replacement. If my local store had one I'd do it while their only 100.
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

This is one of the things I dont like about them. (parts) The other thing as many as I do and as I sale by send folks to them they will not even drop ship them to me from store.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

reminex wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:17 pm Mine did same thing on replaced primers not fully seated, took 2 to 10 trys to get It to go off. It also did it on a few new hulls. It is easy to replace yourself but briley said I had to send gun in. They refused to send part. I called briley. My gun is highly modified with scope mount brazed onto reciever. Figured they would say my heating aluminum receiver voided warranty so i didnt send in. All this was after less than 50 rounds. I keep gun in fired position now to reduce spring stretch. Problem kinda solved itself by doing that.
Briley is not going to send you any parts for them because if they do they are not going to get any warranty money out of Yildiz for fixing it.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

How hard is it to make the spring?
reminex

Post by reminex »

I was like, Ill give you 20. Briley said sorry, no!
I am handy enough but have no idea how to construct a proper fitting spring. Obviously yildiz doesn't either.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

howl wrote: January 24th, 2018, 11:30 am How hard is it to make the spring?
I'm going to see if the gunsmith I use can fabricate one. Sent5 or 6 emails and no response.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Brownells sells spring wire for making springs.

Return to “Small Bore”