Merriam's fans

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
hobbes

Merriam's fans

Post by hobbes »

Probably a long shot, but.........Anyone in need of a Merriam's fan and the upper tail coverts. I need to clean out my freezer and really have no room to keep putting fans up. They can be used as replacement feathers or all out tail replacement on mounts, but would need to be close in color.

Ive checked with some fly tiers to see if they have need. If you have need Ill send by mail free of charge.
fountain

Re: Merriam's fans

Post by fountain »

How bout hooking me up with the whole bird...alive! I will then gladly take the fan with me 😁
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

fountain wrote: November 25th, 2017, 10:59 am How bout hooking me up with the whole bird...alive! I will then gladly take the fan with me 😁
Probably should have seen that coming.
Let me know when you'll be in MT and I'll do what I can as long as your willing to hunt public land. :)
fountain

Post by fountain »

I'll be there whenever you say.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Great offer. Myself and a buddy are still stumbling around the internet researching various states and areas for a Merriam hunt this spring. Have almost eliminated the guided outfitters ($$$) and will probably just roam around some National Forest on our own. Sometimes "no plan" can be a good plan for me. At least it will be a first step.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

hobbes,
That is a nice gesture on your part, to donate and send fans to those that want and need one before you have to toss them!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Gobbler Talk”