Relived some of my childhood tonight

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Relived some of my childhood tonight

Post by Shooter »

Have not done this in 37 years, but it was refreshing, just the same. Used to do it every Friday and Saturday nite as teens. Seems Juvenile now, but I got reminded why, bout half way around. :lol:
Met Lily in town, and we did a Mexican restaurant. Afterwards, I took her back to her car, and she said, I'll follow you home. I said, well drive slow, cause I was gonna cruise the Sonic. She goes, WHAT??? We just ate!! I said yea, I know. I'm gonna go see if the teenie hot rodders still hang out there.
She gives me a look I couldn't explain. I say, I'll explain when we get home.
So, I pull into the Sonic to circle it, with the new hard hittin cam popping right nasty. At first, nothing out of the ordinary. The kids are all out with their rice burners and a few Mustangs, and Camaros. All the time, I'm thinking, can't believe I'm doing this juvenile crap, until I hear a kid yell out, Holy Sxxx!!
Ya'll hear that Beast??? Ah yes, now I remember why we do this stupid stuff! :lol:
Only a very few folks ever let this get in their blood, but I guess once it's in, it never leaves! :LMAO: :LMAO:
I guess I'll be a Hot Rodder to the grave. I know of at least 6 folks on here that are old Hot Rodders from younger years.
Who else we got out there???
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Relived some of my childhood tonight

Post by vaturkey »

I use to spin the tires in my VEGA at the local burger joint ! :thumbup:
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Man, we cruised around town as teenagers, but it wasn't hot rods, it was 4X4's. We were redneckin' every weekend. We even had CB radios and chatted all night long! I had a 1970 fire engine red Bronco with Mickey Thompson tires!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

AAAHHHHHHH .. Crusin' on the summer weekends in Caseville MI with my hopped up 68' Firebird in 1st gear and cam rattlin' away :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I have never been a hot rodder so I can’t even relate..

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
Attachments
D2583FB9-DCEE-4D14-B1DB-F6EE0074ACCE.jpeg
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

CamoMan4025 wrote:Man, we cruised around town as teenagers, but it wasn't hot rods, it was 4X4's. We were redneckin' every weekend. We even had CB radios and chatted all night long! I had a 1970 fire engine red Bronco with Mickey Thompson tires!
Don’t you wish you still had that Bronco!?
They are salty these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ol bob

Post by ol bob »

Been there done that 73 years old and still have it in my blood no cure.
A wise old owl sat in a mighty oak , The more he saw the less he spoke, The less he spoke the more he heard, Why can't everyone be like this wise Ol bird
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

We did it at a place called Jimbos,great memories.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Yea, I would love to buy an old Bronco and build it from the ground up!
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

CamoMan4025 wrote: October 21st, 2017, 6:48 am Man, we cruised around town as teenagers, but it wasn't hot rods, it was 4X4's. We were redneckin' every weekend. We even had CB radios and chatted all night long! I had a 1970 fire engine red Bronco with Mickey Thompson tires!
Yep, before the Hot Rod, while still in High School, dad bought a new 77 Ford F-150, 351M. He actually let me put headers, cherry bombs, lift kit, and
Monster Mudders on it. That was my weekend cruise vehicle for a few years. Gas consumption was pathetic,... maybe 8 if I was lucky.
Didn't do the CB thing until about 1980 when the Hot Rod came about. :mrgreen:
That danged Smokey and the Bandit movie really messed a lot of us up!!!! :lol:
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I’m not a hotrodder but I remember ridin around in my younger years. Wife try’s to get me to in my truck now from time to time but I don’t. Just don’t care to no more.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

We cruised the local Sonic back in highschool days also. If we crossed the river into KY we cruised the park and the DQ drive in. I never had a hot rod car or a jacked up 4x4 but I did burn a tire or two off of a couple rice burner mortorcycles. ( 85 Kawasaki EX500 and an 86 Kawasaki Ninja 1000).
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I built a 62 Chevy pickup the one with torsion bars up a little by pulling the 235 and dropping in a built up 1959 Catalina 389 engine with a run of the mill Carter AFB carb on the factory truck 4 speed but had to go to a 11 in. clutch plate and heavy pressure plate out of a 2 ton grain truck and a positrac coil spring rear end. 3 rd. gear would take you to about 85 and when dropped into 4th ya just hung on. Pretty dumb to do but I got a night time speeding ticket from a Mont. hiway patrol at 144 mph. Gasoline hit .75 cents a gallon and it was time to let some other fool feed it.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Grumpy wrote: October 24th, 2017, 5:37 pm I built a 62 Chevy pickup the one with torsion bars up a little by pulling the 235 and dropping in a built up 1959 Catalina 389 engine with a run of the mill Carter AFB carb on the factory truck 4 speed but had to go to a 11 in. clutch plate and heavy pressure plate out of a 2 ton grain truck and a positrac coil spring rear end. 3 rd. gear would take you to about 85 and when dropped into 4th ya just hung on. Pretty dumb to do but I got a night time speeding ticket from a Mont. hiway patrol at 144 mph. Gasoline hit .75 cents a gallon and it was time to let some other fool feed it.
IS ANY OF THAT STATEMENT IN..............ENGLISH :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

CamoMan4025 wrote: October 24th, 2017, 9:05 pm
Grumpy wrote: October 24th, 2017, 5:37 pm I built a 62 Chevy pickup the one with torsion bars up a little by pulling the 235 and dropping in a built up 1959 Catalina 389 engine with a run of the mill Carter AFB carb on the factory truck 4 speed but had to go to a 11 in. clutch plate and heavy pressure plate out of a 2 ton grain truck and a positrac coil spring rear end. 3 rd. gear would take you to about 85 and when dropped into 4th ya just hung on. Pretty dumb to do but I got a night time speeding ticket from a Mont. hiway patrol at 144 mph. Gasoline hit .75 cents a gallon and it was time to let some other fool feed it.
IS ANY OF THAT STATEMENT IN..............ENGLISH :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
:lol:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Give it a while camoclown and when you conquer the Dick and Jane book, give it another try.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

How'd ya' git' a speeding ticket at 144 mph, oh you musta' slowed down so they could catch up or they had a roadblock set up fer' ya' :stir:

That's the only way the guys with the fastest cars in Michigan got tickets, that I rode with anyway :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

IMG_2036.JPG
In HS I had a 72' Chevy 2WD with a 350. I worked at a NAPA with a machine shop and was able to rebuild the motor and rod it up a lot. It was a lot of fun for cruising from Sonic on one end of town to McDonald's on the other end of town. Usually would end up finding another pickup to head out to the bottoms and line em' up in the wheat fields. In college built a 83' Chevy Silverado short wide that was a beast, passed almost anything but a gas station. Still in my blood. I have an 06' F250 Super duty with 8" lift and 37" tires, straight exhaust on the Powerstroke with a few mods and some tuning that make it very strong. My wife calls it a mid life crisis.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Grumpy wrote:Give it a while camoclown and when you conquer the Dick and Jane book, give it another try.
Now that’s hilarious!!!

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: October 25th, 2017, 10:50 am
Grumpy wrote:Give it a while camoclown and when you conquer the Dick and Jane book, give it another try.
Now that’s hilarious!!!

You never get in. S.A match with grumpy.
fountain

Post by fountain »

I do the same thing when I drive my truck to town! The racing thing is hotter than ever around here with some pretty fast trucks/cars roaming around
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Keep it up Hoobilly and you will be BANNED!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

drenalinld wrote:
IMG_2036.JPG
In HS I had a 72' Chevy 2WD with a 350. I worked at a NAPA with a machine shop and was able to rebuild the motor and rod it up a lot. It was a lot of fun for cruising from Sonic on one end of town to McDonald's on the other end of town. Usually would end up finding another pickup to head out to the bottoms and line em' up in the wheat fields. In college built a 83' Chevy Silverado short wide that was a beast, passed almost anything but a gas station. Still in my blood. I have an 06' F250 Super duty with 8" lift and 37" tires, straight exhaust on the Powerstroke with a few mods and some tuning that make it very strong. My wife calls it a mid life crisis.
Nice truck. I’m partial to Cu mmins Just bought a 06 6.0 for a good deal. No where as nice as yours.. but for what I paid for it, I can’t complain.

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

soiltester wrote: October 25th, 2017, 6:21 am
How'd ya' git' a speeding ticket at 144 mph, oh you musta' slowed down so they could catch up or they had a roadblock set up fer' ya' :stir:

That's the only way the guys with the fastest cars in Michigan got tickets, that I rode with anyway :LMAO:

Bwahahahaha, Ennis, (the cop) said, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
I said , "Yes, because I let you."
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

hoobilly wrote: October 25th, 2017, 11:20 pm
drenalinld wrote:IMG_2036.JPGIn HS I had a 72' Chevy 2WD with a 350. I worked at a NAPA with a machine shop and was able to rebuild the motor and rod it up a lot. It was a lot of fun for cruising from Sonic on one end of town to McDonald's on the other end of town. Usually would end up finding another pickup to head out to the bottoms and line em' up in the wheat fields. In college built a 83' Chevy Silverado short wide that was a beast, passed almost anything but a gas station. Still in my blood. I have an 06' F250 Super duty with 8" lift and 37" tires, straight exhaust on the Powerstroke with a few mods and some tuning that make it very strong. My wife calls it a mid life crisis.
Nice truck. I’m partial to Cu mmins Just bought a 06 6.0 for a good deal. No where as nice as yours.. but for what I paid for it, I can’t complain.

For long term longevity head studs and egr system delete is a must. The 06' and 07's actually had a really low warranty rates but the damage was done with the 03-05' failures.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”