Ghost Chips HOT!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Ghost Chips HOT!

Post by Shooter »

I'm gonna just stick with Golden Flake sweet heat. Had a bag tonight. :tongue10:
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Ole' Jorge, when I was after my world slam in Campeche, was chucklin' away one night at the supper table.
Cause' before that, I'd get right in on the dish of diced jalapeno's and put it on my food with out even asking, and he'd raised his eyebrows.
Well they switched on me and put diced habanero's in place, and did I struggle to get my beautifully prepared fish down that night, as the taste was ruined.
All Jorge said was, "they switched on you, didn't they" :roll:

I like to add to a great meal and not take away from it ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

soiltester wrote: October 19th, 2017, 11:16 am Ole' Jorge, when I was after my world slam in Campeche, was chucklin' away one night at the supper table.
Cause' before that, I'd get right in on the dish of diced jalapeno's and put it on my food with out even asking, and he'd raised his eyebrows.
Well they switched on me and put diced habanero's in place, and did I struggle to get my beautifully prepared fish down that night, as the taste was ruined.
All Jorge said was, "they switched on you, didn't they" :roll:

I like to add to a great meal and not take away from it ;)
I like hot but not retarded hot. It's almost a male genetalia measuring contest with some.

I remember on senior trip I was bet I couldn't eat a habanero for twenty dollars, seeds, ribs and all. I did stupid..
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

A ghost pepper to a habanero is what a habanero is to a banana pepper or a jalapeno is to an ice cube.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

GLS wrote: October 19th, 2017, 4:33 pm A ghost pepper to a habanero is what a habanero is to a banana pepper or a jalapeno is to an ice cube.
Huh. 😆
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

GLS wrote: October 19th, 2017, 4:33 pm A ghost pepper to a habanero is what a habanero is to a banana pepper or a jalapeno is to an ice cube.
I've heard that also and like I said earlier, I want a spicy pepper to compliment my meal :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Doesn't pertain but I have to tell this story, a couple years ago my son was working out of town (He is a pipeliner) and him and some of the guys he worked with went out to eat one evening at Bdubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) and he decided to try the hottest wings they had (had to sign a waiver before they would serve them to him). WELL to make a long story short he ended up in the hospital that night, burnt the lining in his stomach and now he is hesitant about even using a little Tabasco sauce. Stupidity has no remorse.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

turkeyinstrut wrote: October 20th, 2017, 8:15 am Doesn't pertain but I have to tell this story, a couple years ago my son was working out of town (He is a pipeliner) and him and some of the guys he worked with went out to eat one evening at Bdubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) and he decided to try the hottest wings they had (had to sign a waiver before they would serve them to him). WELL to make a long story short he ended up in the hospital that night, burnt the lining in his stomach and now he is hesitant about even using a little Tabasco sauce. Stupidity has no remorse.
I believe it's 300000 scoville. I was in college went there asked to try for my fries, lil dab OMG. So I asked for a to go cup for dad. He just happened to be up, told um it was the best fry sauce ever. I am surprised I'm still alive.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: October 20th, 2017, 8:23 am
turkeyinstrut wrote: October 20th, 2017, 8:15 am Doesn't pertain but I have to tell this story, a couple years ago my son was working out of town (He is a pipeliner) and him and some of the guys he worked with went out to eat one evening at Bdubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) and he decided to try the hottest wings they had (had to sign a waiver before they would serve them to him). WELL to make a long story short he ended up in the hospital that night, burnt the lining in his stomach and now he is hesitant about even using a little Tabasco sauce. Stupidity has no remorse.
I believe it's 300000 scoville. I was in college went there asked to try for my fries, lil dab OMG. So I asked for a to go cup for dad. He just happened to be up, told um it was the best fry sauce ever. I am surprised I'm still alive.
Yea, my dad would have beat the crap outta me if I'da did that.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Here’s a little over a gallon of Clemson Red Habanero Mash that has been aging in the refrigerator since November, 2012. Not exactly the salt caves or oak casks of Avery Island, but it works for me. I’ll cut it with some vinegar to preserve it and add xanthan gum powder to it as a thickener so it won’t settle out in the bottles. It is uncooked. I fermented the raw peppers after pulverizing over five pounds of peppers in a blender. I used a Polish fermentation ceramic crock normally used to make sauerkraut. After it aged a few years, I ran it through my hand-cranked food mill to remove seeds and pulp. I just tasted it and it is smooth but not as hot as the first batch I made. I once gave some habaneros to a neighbor who owned a fine restaurant. He made a gallon of habanero and lavender ice cream for me that was incredible. I also make jelly with the peppers. Great stuff.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Habanero Pepper Jelly
30-40 habaneros (depending on size.)
10 cups sugar (equals a 5 lb. bag)
2 cups + 3 Tablespoons vinegar
2 envelopes Certo
Prepare peppers by removing pith and seeds. I wear disposable latex gloves while handling peppers and cut them with a layer of paper over the cutting board. The pepper oils are tenacious and painfully hot and easily transferable from any surface they touch. You don’t want this stuff anywhere near your eyes. Depending upon “heat” desired, leave about a 10-33% of the peppers with their seeds and pith intact. Use 8 or 4 oz. jars and sterilize lids and jars in accordance with mfg. instructions. I typically boil the jars for 15 minutes. The lids call for different instructions; simmering and not boiling to protect the seal. This recipe will make 10 8 oz. jars and change. To stretch it further, add 3 cored and skinned green apples which should yield another jar. Jelly recipes are sensitive to doubling, etc., and don’t seem to work out.

Place peppers and vinegar in blender or food processor and puree. Place puree and sugar in a large saucepan or kettle slowly bring to a boil, stirring often. Allow to boil for 5 minutes. Cut heat off; stir in Certo. Return to heat and boil for 1 minute. Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal according to mfg.’s instructions.

The neighbor that gave me the recipe now uses 1 Certo envelope as he likes his jelly a little more runny than I do. Either clear or red apple vinegar is fine. The peppers give the jelly from light orange to amber in color, depending on peppers’ color.
hookinembig

Post by hookinembig »

We just tried the Paqui One chip challenge (http://paqui.com/onechipchallenge/) last night and you wan't to talk about hot. I am not a big super hot chili fan but I don't mind a jalapeno or pepperoncini here and there. But that single chip is so over the top it should be illegal. Its a single tortilla chip with Carolina Reaper powder on it. Several seconds after eating that thing I knew I had messed up. I felt a crazy high about 15 seconds after I ate that thing and it was wild. Luckily I had ice cream on hand to ease the pain but man that was crazy 15 minutes. I haven't tasted the ghost pepper chips but I am a gluten for punishment so I will pick up a bag and give them a try. Let me know if anyone else has tried the one chip challenge and your experience. My BIL lasted about two minutes for breaking down and getting some milk but he was struggling to say the least. Its a great thing to try with friends or family because the reactions are so over the top. Some reactions expressed with profanity about dying among other things.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GLS wrote: October 20th, 2017, 6:21 pm Here’s a little over a gallon of Clemson Red Habanero Mash that has been aging in the refrigerator since November, 2012. Not exactly the salt caves or oak casks of Avery Island, but it works for me. I’ll cut it with some vinegar to preserve it and add xanthan gum powder to it as a thickener so it won’t settle out in the bottles. It is uncooked. I fermented the raw peppers after pulverizing over five pounds of peppers in a blender. I used a Polish fermentation ceramic crock normally used to make sauerkraut. After it aged a few years, I ran it through my hand-cranked food mill to remove seeds and pulp. I just tasted it and it is smooth but not as hot as the first batch I made. I once gave some habaneros to a neighbor who owned a fine restaurant. He made a gallon of habanero and lavender ice cream for me that was incredible. I also make jelly with the peppers. Great stuff.
I don't drink alcohol... but man that looks like something you would want to take to a party thats been going on for a hour or two, just to be funny :violent3: :LMAO:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

hookinembig wrote: October 21st, 2017, 6:47 pm We just tried the Paqui One chip challenge (http://paqui.com/onechipchallenge/) last night and you wan't to talk about hot. I am not a big super hot chili fan but I don't mind a jalapeno or pepperoncini here and there. But that single chip is so over the top it should be illegal. Its a single tortilla chip with Carolina Reaper powder on it. Several seconds after eating that thing I knew I had messed up. I felt a crazy high about 15 seconds after I ate that thing and it was wild. Luckily I had ice cream on hand to ease the pain but man that was crazy 15 minutes. I haven't tasted the ghost pepper chips but I am a gluten for punishment so I will pick up a bag and give them a try. Let me know if anyone else has tried the one chip challenge and your experience. My BIL lasted about two minutes for breaking down and getting some milk but he was struggling to say the least. Its a great thing to try with friends or family because the reactions are so over the top. Some reactions expressed with profanity about dying among other things.
I would never just try something to see what happens.. but I would laugh with you if you did and was burning up from the challenge.

I also picked up chips today.. so far I have one taker, and will ship them out Monday. so if anyone wants to take a whole bag chip challenge, let me know :D

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Hoobilly, the preferred "I bet you $20 you won't drink this" involves the liquid in a pickled pigs feet or pickled turkey egg jar. Gil
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GLS wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 10:42 am Hoobilly, the preferred "I bet you $20 you won't drink this" involves the liquid in a pickled pigs feet or pickled turkey egg jar. Gil
:lol:

I would try to eat the egg

hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Have you ever watched any of the Hot Ones interviews on YouTube?

https://youtu.be/7TN09IP5JuI
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

hobbes wrote: October 23rd, 2017, 12:27 pm Have you ever watched any of the Hot Ones interviews on YouTube?

https://youtu.be/7TN09IP5JuI
that feller is hilarious

never seen them videos before

Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Is the Carolina reaper still the hottest?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Turkinator wrote: October 23rd, 2017, 10:12 pm Is the Carolina reaper still the hottest?
I read somewhere that there is one a lot hotter than the reaper :violent3:

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Here ya go
chile temperature chart_04.jpg
Attachments
chile temperature chart_04.jpg
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Thats an old scale the carolina reaper has over 1.5 million on the scoville scale ! I have some seeds and a lady down the street with a small greenhouse js going to grow them for me next spring cant wait. When I got them they came with a small shaker container of ground ghost pepper. Man I have to put that stuff on everything but its almost gone :( . I have always liked hot. My buddies mom used to make a hot pepper mash thing with jalepinos and some other thin red hot pepper and some other ingredients, She also pickled jalepino pepper in a big jar. Sometimes after a long afternoon shift we would meet at his place and drink beer. But first we would cut the pickled jalepinos in half and use them to scoop out the mash like a chip to eat. Had some great trips to the little boys room the next day :shaking2:
My one buddy always tring to get me with ever hotter food and keeps striking out until we went to a bar out in B.C. Victoria Island and they had the hot wings with the waiver. First time I ever saw that so had to try them. Well when my lips swelled up after the second of six I knew I had met my match but I still ate all 6. I spent the next two days in pain because of burnt lips. The last 4 I didn't let touch my lips :o
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

timbrhuntr wrote: October 24th, 2017, 9:33 am Thats an old scale the carolina reaper has over 1.5 million on the scoville scale ! I have some seeds and a lady down the street with a small greenhouse js going to grow them for me next spring cant wait. When I got them they came with a small shaker container of ground ghost pepper. Man I have to put that stuff on everything but its almost gone :( . I have always liked hot. My buddies mom used to make a hot pepper mash thing with jalepinos and some other thin red hot pepper and some other ingredients, She also pickled jalepino pepper in a big jar. Sometimes after a long afternoon shift we would meet at his place and drink beer. But first we would cut the pickled jalepinos in half and use them to scoop out the mash like a chip to eat. Had some great trips to the little boys room the next day :shaking2:
My one buddy always tring to get me with ever hotter food and keeps striking out until we went to a bar out in B.C. Victoria Island and they had the hot wings with the waiver. First time I ever saw that so had to try them. Well when my lips swelled up after the second of six I knew I had met my match but I still ate all 6. I spent the next two days in pain because of burnt lips. The last 4 I didn't let touch my lips :o
Your more of a man than I I like flavor with a lil heat

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Want to kick your soup up a notch?

Crumble some of these chips and stir them in

Whooooo weeeeeee :violent3: