RESULTS Dangerous Football Game Tonight, Got Me Worried

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

RESULTS Dangerous Football Game Tonight, Got Me Worried

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I am a HUGE fan of high school football (and college) and our team has a very dangerous game tonight, we (Blue Devils ranked #3 from St. Marys WV) are playing the Hawks (ranked #1 from Lost Creek WV). We are 6-0 and they are 7-0 and we will be without one of our top running backs (averaging almost 14 yards per carry) due to a sprained ankle, if you look at the strength of each teams schedule we should smoke them but that's on paper and one never knows how a game will go. When we met them last year we were both undefeated and we came away with a easy 47-6 win but that was last year and we lost a lot of talent to graduation this spring but we have had several kids step up so we'll see how it goes. WISH US LUCK!!!
Last edited by turkeyinstrut on December 3rd, 2017, 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Dangerous Football Game Tonight, Got Me Worried

Post by hookedspur »

Good luck .
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Love hs football. Finally was able to make it through a game the other night. Tried a few other times, had to leave. I've made a ton of memories in the field hunting but nothing tops the memories on that field.

It troubles me to see participation drop at some schools, our rival now plays 8 man. There is no sport that brings young men together like it.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: October 20th, 2017, 9:02 am Love hs football. Finally was able to make it through a game the other night. Tried a few other times, had to leave. I've made a ton of memories in the field hunting but nothing tops the memories on that field.

It troubles me to see participation drop at some schools, our rival now plays 8 man. There is no sport that brings young men together like it.
I am ate up with it, I guarantee you the games I have missed of ours in the last ten years you could count on one hand. We have a team on the schedule that only had 17 boys on their roster this year, they canceled with us this year because they only had 11 healthy boys to play, it's sad but there is too many other things to occupy a kids time anymore. Call me crazy but I still miss the waking up sore every Saturday morning and I am 56 years old, I still get out of bed sore on Saturday mornings but it's not from playing football on Friday nights it's from OLD AGE. :lol:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Lol Saturday mornings climbing in a tree. And I had some doozies, 40 footers, 3 steps lol

Really thinking about putting an alumni game together with a neighboring school for charity. I could get everyone of our businesses to donate for silent auction. Sure I could have it catered for free proceeds go to charity, prolly pig roast.

Only thing we'd need, Munson entire cardiac unit on hand, every ambulance in county on hand and 11 oxygen units on each sideline.

For small schools we would pack the place
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: October 20th, 2017, 10:36 am Lol Saturday mornings climbing in a tree. And I had some doozies, 40 footers, 3 steps lol

Really thinking about putting an alumni game together with a neighboring school for charity. I could get everyone of our businesses to donate for silent auction. Sure I could have it catered for free proceeds go to charity, prolly pig roast.

Only thing we'd need, Munson entire cardiac unit on hand, every ambulance in county on hand and 11 oxygen units on each sideline.

For small schools we would pack the place
I played on a Old Timer baseball league a few years back and I learned real quick that my reflexes weren't what they use to be, I had always played first base growing up but i don't remember them balls coming at me that fast back then. :o
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

turkeyinstrut wrote: October 20th, 2017, 8:39 am I am a HUGE fan of high school football (and college) and our team has a very dangerous game tonight, we (Blue Devils ranked #3 from St. Marys WV) are playing the Hawks (ranked #1 from Lost Creek WV). We are 6-0 and they are 7-0 and we will be without one of our top running backs (averaging almost 14 yards per carry) due to a sprained ankle, if you look at the strength of each teams schedule we should smoke them but that's on paper and one never knows how a game will go. When we met them last year we were both undefeated and we came away with a easy 47-6 win but that was last year and we lost a lot of talent to graduation this spring but we have had several kids step up so we'll see how it goes. WISH US LUCK!!!
Well how dis it go ?
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

NOT TOO GOOD!!!!...Their defense was relentless and their offense was unstoppable, they won 43-15. Us turning the ball over 4 times didn't help any, they scored on 3 of those turnovers. They played a hell of a game and I don't have anything bad to say about them, they dominated both sides of the ball and they deserved to win.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Ouch .. revenge from last year .. may or may not have been different if the main RB was in :roll:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

soiltester wrote: October 21st, 2017, 4:03 pm Ouch .. revenge from last year .. may or may not have been different if the main RB was in :roll:
Soiltester, I don't think it would have made much difference, they play the #2 ranked team East Hardy this coming Friday night and that will be a heck of a game. We beat East Hardy in the state championship game last year 23-8 and they are a very solid football team and they are 8-0, I think if the game is played at South Harrison (about a hour drive) I will go watch it but if it's at East Hardy I ain't making a 3.5 hour drive to watch it.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Oh no , I was rooting for you .
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

I live in a small town and the local boys haven't won a game all year. And it looks like they won't. Poor boys.
The bigger town up the road where I actually work and was raised is doing OK. They stomped all over the #19 6A team in the state last night.
They won 50-7.
They will make the playoffs but I don't predict a deep run.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

There is three classes here in WV, A, AA and AAA. Our school is a single A school with the single A being the smallest of the three classes, AAA has 29 schools, AA has 41 schools and single A has 38. There is a 16 team field in each of the three classes that makes the playoffs, the team that we played last night went 9-1 last year with their only loss coming to us but they got hammered in the first round of the playoffs by a tune of 55-27 by the #14 seed (they were #3 seed). It just goes to show you a teams record doesn't mean anything, we played two undefeated teams and a 4 loss team in the playoffs and beat them 49-7, 47-0 and 47-0 so it just shows you playing a weak schedule sure shows when the playoffs start.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Well here is a update on my Blue Devils, after getting beat by The South Harrison Hawks in week 8 of the regular season we went on to win the rest of our games, we ended up going 8-1 and finished the regular season ranked #5. We normally play a 10 game schedule but we had one team cancel in the middle of the season because they didn't have enough healthy players to play so we started the playoffs seeded #5 and won in the first round by a score of 44-14 against a stubborn Doddridge County team that was seeded 12th, our 2nd round was a blowout against the #4 seeded team (Tug Valley) and the score of it was 47-0 and then in the third round we had to play the very good and #1 ranked undefeated East Hardy and it was a shootout as both teams traded the lead throughout the game but we came out with a hard fought 27-21 win in that one, now on to the championship game this Saturday night against a very talented Wheeling Central Catholic that came in seeded #10 but has steamrolled through the playoffs as they beat the team that beat us in the regular season (South Harrison) by a score of 39-6 in the second round BUT the team we just beat Friday night had beat South Harrison in the regular season by the tune of 41-20 which was South Harrison's only loss in the regular season. Our main running back was injured in the middle part of the season and we didn't have him when we got beat by South Harrison but he is back and healthy now and had three rushing touchdowns in our last win over East Hardy. This game Saturday night is going to be just as hard as the one we just played as Wheeling Central is a very dangerous team and plays a extremely tough schedule so our boys will just have to play their hearts out and let the chips fall where they may. So LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: UPDATE!! Dangerous Football Game Tonight, Got Me Worried

Post by 2Shooter »

Good luck Saturday night!!! :cheers:
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

We'll B' Rootin' fer' the boys!!!! :thumbup: :cheers:

Post results if you will!!! :thumbup:

Our former area mid-MI team got beat in the state division 6 game on Friday. Just to big of guys is all they get beat up by, and have been champs 6, I believe of the last 10 years and runner up 3 times :banghead:

Oh and in another area south of where we lived then, where some of my clients boys play, took their division title for the 2nd year in a row :lol:
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Good luck .
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

soiltester wrote: November 27th, 2017, 12:05 pm We'll B' Rootin' fer' the boys!!!! :thumbup: :cheers:

Our former area mid-MI team got beat in the state division 6 game on Friday. Just to big of guys is all they get beat up by, and have been champs 6, I believe of the last 10 years and runner up 3 times :banghead:

Oh and in another area south of where we lived then, where some of my clients boys play, took their division title for the 2nd year in a row :lol:
I appreciate the support and I will post the results Sunday, we are trying for a re-peat as we won the single A state championship last year against East Hardy, we were both 13-0 going into that game and we won it 23-8.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

soiltester wrote: November 27th, 2017, 12:05 pm We'll B' Rootin' fer' the boys!!!! :thumbup: :cheers:

Best small school in the state if not country. Crazy. What a run.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: RESULTS Dangerous Football Game Tonight, Got Me Worried

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Well we went to Wheeling and played for the Single A state championship last night and how did it turn out you ask........Not too good. We played a private school from Wheeling, the Wheeling Central Maroon Knights and it was a very good game going into the locker room at the half as we were tied 21-21 but the Knights came out after half time and purdy much controlled the line of scrimmage as twice we had the ball sitting inside their 1 yard line on 2nd and goal and both times we came away with no points. One of WC's backs said on a radio interview earlier in the week that he felt confident that their defense could keep us from scoring and to start the game WC won the toss and deferred so we got the ball first and on their kickoff we had a long return and then on the first play from scrimmage we scored on a 41 yard run but that was one of the few shining moments in that game as we were down 21-7 in the first quarter and fought back to tie it about midway through the second quarter and even had a chance to go up a score just before halftime with a 43 yard hook and lateral play that took us down to their 12 as time expired. It was a good game and I'll be the first to say that WC has a very good football team and a good coaching staff and they have a outstanding record in the state championship games as they have played in 11 and won 10 of them.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: RESULTS Dangerous Football Game Tonight, Got Me Worried

Post by soiltester »

Ouch .. sounds like they had "BIG" boys to beat yer' guys down, which is usually the case at these games :roll:

Regardless,
Congrats to them for being in the game and runner-ups :thumbup: :cheers:
It sure sounds like they've a lot to be proud of and to look forward to another year of havin' fun :thumbup:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”