Well, I guess we'll see......

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Ozark Ridge Runner

Well, I guess we'll see......

Post by Ozark Ridge Runner »

I ordered a Leupold Delta Point Pro direct from Leupold around the first of June and just got the confirmation of shipment this morning. At my age I see about 4 or 5 beads when I look down the rib. We'll see if this thing is worth the wait and makes the shooting a bit more precise. I have a milling machine and will d&t my m2 to mount this thing up.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Well, I guess we'll see......

Post by Hoobilly »

That's gonna be a nice set up for you!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: August 31st, 2017, 2:18 pm I ordered a Leupold Delta Point Pro direct from Leupold around the first of June and just got the confirmation of shipment this morning. At my age I see about 4 or 5 beads when I look down the rib. We'll see if this thing is worth the wait and makes the shooting a bit more precise. I have a milling machine and will d&t my m2 to mount this thing up.

I have a Leupold Delta point Pro on my M2. I love it ! Gobblers HATE it ! Cabelas has them on sale now for 399.00 . Regular price is 599.00
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

I have an eye disease and my eyesight is diminishing. I ended up putting a scope on my turkey gun to give it a try. I researched, looked at different ones in stores and I decided on a Center Point 1 x 4 x 20 tactical scope from Wal-Mart.com for $70.00. After the first year they are now on all my turkey guns along with 3 of my buddies guns. (.410 - 3.5" Mossberg 12gauge ) We all love them and hold true! I personally have never shot one with the lights on but my buddies have( red-green ) and the center dot and ring are etched into the glass so that the light is not needed. I keep it on 1x unless checking a bird out as it approaches. 10 scopes on turkey guns and 1 of my buddies put one on his bear gun. All working great! I have 2 spares, just in case or future purchases ( Not for sale )
Ozark Ridge Runner

vaturkey wrote: September 1st, 2017, 7:40 am
Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: August 31st, 2017, 2:18 pm I ordered a Leupold Delta Point Pro direct from Leupold around the first of June and just got the confirmation of shipment this morning. At my age I see about 4 or 5 beads when I look down the rib. We'll see if this thing is worth the wait and makes the shooting a bit more precise. I have a milling machine and will d&t my m2 to mount this thing up.

I have a Leupold Delta point Pro on my M2. I love it ! Gobblers HATE it ! Cabelas has them on sale now for 399.00 . Regular price is 599.00
What did you end up using for a base?
Ozark Ridge Runner

vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: September 1st, 2017, 3:26 pm

I used a short 2 hole weaver base. If your gonna D&T yourself make sure you go back as far as possible towards the stock . The metal is thicker in the back . You will notice this when you pull out the bolt assembly. Good luck :thumbup:
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Here's a pic
Attachments
IMG_4536.JPG
Ozark Ridge Runner

Yep, Ive already measured the receiver thickness at .150 which offers plenty of thread engagement.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Good Luck
Ozark Ridge Runner

Well, it took about 6 months to get this thing together, but I'm VERY happy with the way it turned out. It was a bit of a challenge to get it mounted like I wanted but I got it done. I ordered one of the Burris mounts for a 336 as I had heard it would also work with the Delta Point. It was a no go. There were just too many things that didn't line up and the sight sat way too high for my taste. I ended up buying a Leupold riser block and machining it so that the sight only sets .100 above the receiver. That is the absolute minimum elevation since the thread length for the sight mount screws is also .100. It took about 1.5 hours to machine the base and D&T the receiver. Not that big a deal to get done it just took a bit of time. It's going to be one SWEET setup.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Good deal. Glad ya got it 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: December 6th, 2017, 7:02 pm Well, it took about 6 months to get this thing together, but I'm VERY happy with the way it turned out. It was a bit of a challenge to get it mounted like I wanted but I got it done. I ordered one of the Burris mounts for a 336 as I had heard it would also work with the Delta Point. It was a no go. There were just too many things that didn't line up and the sight sat way too high for my taste. I ended up buying a Leupold riser block and machining it so that the sight only sets .100 above the receiver. That is the absolute minimum elevation since the thread length for the sight mount screws is also .100. It took about 1.5 hours to machine the base and D&T the receiver. Not that big a deal to get done it just took a bit of time. It's going to be one SWEET setup.
ORR, I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me. I seen where you said you have a milling machine, what is the chance I could hire you to mill one of them 1/8" plastic spacers that goes under a Burris FF III reflex sight? I modified a Burris Speed Bead mount for my TriStar Viper G2 28 ga. and although the mount looks great on the gun it doesn't sit level, I started out with a mount for a M2 20 ga. and it worked out quite nicely other than not sitting level. What I need is the full .125" on the front and .030" in the rear. Thank you for your time and if you want to tackle it let me know, thanks again. David
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Ozark Ridge Runner, I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me. I seen where you said you have a milling machine, what is the chance I could hire you to mill one of them 1/8" plastic spacers that goes under a Burris FF III reflex sight? I modified a Burris Speed Bead mount for my TriStar Viper G2 28 ga. and although the mount looks great on the gun it doesn't sit level, I started out with a mount for a M2 20 ga. and it worked out quite nicely other than not sitting level. What I need is the full .125" on the front and .030" in the rear. Thank you for your time and if you want to tackle it let me know, thanks again. David
Ozark Ridge Runner

I got your PM. There simply isn't any way to mill plastic to a thickness of .030 that I know of. It's so flexible that it would move away from the cutter. There maybe someone out there who can pull that job off but I'm not the guy that can do it. Sorry
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Ozark Ridge Runner wrote: December 6th, 2017, 8:50 pm I got your PM. There simply isn't any way to mill plastic to a thickness of .030 that I know of. It's so flexible that it would move away from the cutter. There maybe someone out there who can pull that job off but I'm not the guy that can do it. Sorry
That's fine ORR, I have 3 or 4 of those spacers and I might try to do it on a belt sander. Thanks for your reply.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

That's fine ORR, I have 3 or 4 of those spacers and I might try to do it on a belt sander. Thanks for your reply.

Return to “Gun Talk”