Joe Wirth & Apex

everything except turkey & deer
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Joe Wirth & Apex

Post by Hoobilly »

Joe is a coyote killing machine! This is #91 since January 1st and finally has killed a coyote with TSS.

Apex has partnered with Joe on testing the effectiveness of TSS on coyotes.

Heres what Apex posted on Facebook: Apex:
Looks like the field testing from Joseph Wirth is going well. Jelly headed at coyote through brush at 35 yards with a our 3 inch 2oz load #2's.
Joe posted
"With the terrain and brush I wouldn't normally take this shot with #4 buck. In consideration of pattern density and penetration of Apex Ammunition I was able to take this shot with confidence."
Looks like Joe is seeing the benefit of TSS and its capabilities in thick brush.
Hope to hear about him busting one at 75 yards plus with that #2 TSS Apex load.

Joe is a MFK Pro Staffer and hoping he will post up more information on his testing in the field with TSS.
Attachments
Joe Wirth TSS.jpg
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Joe Wirth & Apex

Post by vaturkey »

Good Job Joe & Apex ! :thumbup:
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Very impressive .. to say the least :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
FloppinTom

Post by FloppinTom »

#2 seem to be larger than needed and cuts down on pattern density significantly. What do the ballistic programs say?
Get there early, stay late, sit still and don't use weather as an excuse to stay home.
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

TSS 2s are certainly more pellet size than needed to jelly one's head at 35 yds. Someone on here said they want 3.7" of penetration to kill outgoing yotes on the run. TSS 2s @ 1200 fps will do that to 111 yds, so yeah they are overkill. TSS 5s will do that to 60 yds and would be a better choice IMO.
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

4's at 1300 get 3.7" to 80 yards. And we're pushing them over 1400fps 1.25oz load.
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

It's not just #2's we are experimenting with 2-6
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Spuriosity wrote: August 16th, 2017, 8:40 am TSS 2s are certainly more pellet size than needed to jelly one's head at 35 yds. Someone on here said they want 3.7" of penetration to kill outgoing yotes on the run. TSS 2s @ 1200 fps will do that to 111 yds, so yeah they are overkill. TSS 5s will do that to 60 yds and would be a better choice IMO.
I tried telling that to them guys on the Predator nation. But when a person has been using crap factory loads for ever.. its hard to get them to see the possibilities with TSS.

Joe Wirth is seeing how effective (even only at 35 yards) as the shot he took was in very thick stuff and smote that yote with ease.

el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

This guys did some interesting testing http://www.predatormastersforums.com/fo ... er=3074269.

I wonder if 6's would still pattern ok thru turkey choke. Most if my yote hunting is opportunistic while I am after a turkey. Be nice to have a load that would smoke one to 60 and work in the .555-.562 IC.
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

Wonder if I I shoot squacks with apex loads I can get on the pro staff.

Sent from somewhere deep in West By God
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

el diablo wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:23 pm This guys did some interesting testing http://www.predatormastersforums.com/fo ... er=3074269.

I wonder if 6's would still pattern ok thru turkey choke. Most if my yote hunting is opportunistic while I am after a turkey. Be nice to have a load that would smoke one to 60 and work in the .555-.562 IC.
conventional wisdom would say 562 or more open... but you never know until you try it.

6's in a 20 would easily smoke a coyote at 60

someones gonna come up with a great tss load that hopefully be versatile for turkeys and varmints

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”