Virginia Opener!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Virginia Opener!

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, tomorrow is VA's Opener! I'm up in the northern part of the state and tonight is a freeze warning........come Monday or Tuesday it's going to be 80! Crazy weather. Maybe some blind bird will walk by me trying to stay warm!

Good luck to all VA boys and girls!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Virginia Opener!

Post by redarrow »

Good luck Camodude.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
hookinembig

Post by hookinembig »

Good luck to all of the VA folks. I will be in Buckingham tomorrow morning bright and early. Its going to be a chilly one so you better pack your thermos. Everyone be safe and thank the good Lord above for allowing us to spend some time in His awesome creation whether we are successful or not.
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

I'm going to get to hunt em in the snow. Don't know how much but the mtn was white and looked to be hanging on the trees pretty good. Cold but I just hope this dang wind lays. It's been hitting 40 mph all day. I'll be in Grayson county
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Good Luck Camodude, Montana opens tomorrow also and the weather could be better. Watched 18 feed near my honey hole this morning with 6 being big toms with long beards, oh well tomorrow will be OK either way.
Seriously Camodude I hope you do good and if you have multiple tags I also hope you fill a few.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
higgsjunk

Post by higgsjunk »

At least i'm in Southern Va and don't have to Spring Turkey hunt in the snow!! Well said by everyone. Everybody be safe and take plenty of pictures if not video..
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Good Luck Kevin!!! Sometimes the cold weather doesn't effect em at all. :thumbup:
Spurhunter

Post by Spurhunter »

Good luck to all of the Virginia hunters, shoot straight and be safe.
Harrington's Hunting & Outdoor Products LLC

Preserving Hunting Memories for a Lifetime

View my products at:
http://www.Etsy.com - HarringtonOutdoor's

http://www.Ebay.com - Gobblergetter

NWTF Member
NRA Member
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, to say the least, this morning sucked! I greatly appreciate the opportunity and privilege to be out in God's creation, but nothing was gobbling. Didn't see or hear anything. I spoke to several buddies and not much action anywhere. I hope the rest of you all wherever you may be are knocking them down.

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
hookinembig

Post by hookinembig »

We did hear some gobbles but no turkeys wanted to play today in Buckingham. My brother had one gobbling in the tree around 6:25 a.m. and then another around 7:00 a.m. but was unable to get them away from his hens or close the distance. I heard a bird gobbling that started around 6:50 a.m. but wouldn't respond to anything I could throw at him. He would gobbling at everything except my calls it was crazy once he hit the ground all went silent. My dad heard nothing. Overall a tough morning but at least there are some birds to chase in the future. I will be hunting public land on Monday so hopefully I can get on my first public land bird.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”