Head Steppin !

All about the 2016 Gobbler Nation turkey hunting contest.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Head Steppin !

Post by timbrhuntr »

Cove wrote: I for one, wouldn't leave my gobbler in the bed of my truck to get rained on. . . but here again, another difference in the way we handle our business.

Interested to hear what you would have done! I didn't leave it in the bed to be rained on !!! I took some pics on the tailgate as a huge storm came in with a tornado hitting in the next county. I have a cover on my pickup bed but with all the rain/hail etc still got wet. Not sure what I should have done with it . Should have put it on the passenger seat with the seat belt on I guess . :LMAO:

I also got soaked to the skin maybe I just shouldn't have shot it at all as I did know the storm was approaching when he came in !
Cove

Post by Cove »

timbrhuntr wrote:
Cove wrote: I for one, wouldn't leave my gobbler in the bed of my truck to get rained on. . . but here again, another difference in the way we handle our business.

Interested to hear what you would have done! I didn't leave it in the bed to be rained on !!! I took some pics on the tailgate as a huge storm came in with a tornado hitting in the next county. I have a cover on my pickup bed but with all the rain/hail etc still got wet. Not sure what I should have done with it . Should have put it on the passenger seat with the seat belt on I guess . :LMAO:

I also got soaked to the skin maybe I just shouldn't have shot it at all as I did know the storm was approaching when he came in !
What would I have done? Well only because you ask, I would taken a few big steps, heck maybe even a dozen, and taken a picture with the woods/ field/ clearcut or whatever the bird chose to call home as the background. But here again, that's me, and you are you.

And yes, I would have put the bird in the front of the truck. No questions asked.

And to further illustrate, this fine gobbler provided me with an unbelievable experience this past year in Vermont. When I played the cards correctly just before noon, he went tumbling off a near vertical rock mountainside toward the bottom below. Well, just so happened to be a creek in that bottom and you guessed it, he beat me to the bottom and I had to reach under the water to retrieve my prize. As wet as any bird I've ever had the privilege of handling. It took a while, but hanging to dry and properly positioning the bird to avoid showing the "rough" spots it's one of my favorite pictures. And yes, that old cabin sat at the corner of the field I watched this old gobbler in all evening the day before. I thought it was a great representation of the place the called home. I would have liked to include the field in the photo but the farmer didn't appreciate the cabin as much as I and the front was crushed in from a dozer collision. :(

Last edited by Cove on June 14th, 2016, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cove

Post by Cove »

It's very obvious that we handle our birds differently, I believe that's apparent to everyone now. And like I stated before, there is no right or wrong way. . . I applaud you for taking a picture, it's not necessary and many folks do not.

If you would like to continue to question the reasoning for my actions when dealing with my birds I'd be happy to continue to provide those to you. Although it seems you are doing a bit of baiting. :stir: If you would like to ask more "what would you have done" scenarios, I'll be here as well. Fortunately, it's the off season and presently, I have nothing better to do.
honker22

Post by honker22 »

Cove, you've just become an elitist since you got your super slam. We are all jealous and hate you for it. And I'm also completely joking. I can't add much to the discussion. I've taken a few great pics, but mostly a bunch of "bad" ones. I think it is great how you take the time to properly take nice pics, out of respect for the game. Rarely do I think about it any more, because I just want to hurry home to show my 4 and 2 year old boys.

Edit- I just realized my avatar is a turkey on a tailgate!!! Hope you like it! ;)
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.
Cove

Post by Cove »

honker22 wrote:Cove, you've just become an elitist since you got your super slam. We are all jealous and hate you for it. And I'm also completely joking. I can't add much to the discussion. I've taken a few great pics, but mostly a bunch of "bad" ones. I think it is great how you take the time to properly take nice pics, out of respect for the game. Rarely do I think about it any more, because I just want to hurry home to show my 4 and 2 year old boys.

Edit- I just realized my avatar is a turkey on a tailgate!!! Hope you like it! ;)

Haha!! Your little boys face makes up for anything that could possibly be "distasteful" in that picture! Love it! :cheers: :cheers:

And as far as an elitist :LMAO: nothing elite about anything I do. . . .
gut_pile

Head Steppin !

Post by gut_pile »

First full year shooting TSS and I'm not sure I stepped on one head. Not much flopping.

I still kicked a couple of them though
Tenth Legion: Class of 2004
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I was going to step on the head of the one I killed, but didn't want to get my Croc's bloody! I hadn't thought about taking a picture though.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff

Return to “2016 Gobbler Nation Turkey Hunting Contest”