Where's the Stories at!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Where's the Stories at!!

Post by timbrhuntr »

Lots of pics in the turkey kill thread but where the stories at ? Please put up some stories for us that can't make our own yet and before Red has to post on the kill thread again. Where r the mods anyway !!
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Where's the Stories at!!

Post by redarrow »

:dontknow: :banghead: I am not worthy. I had the mods remove the incursion. :lol:
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Sorry red just glad u did it before me ! We need some story threads though !!!!
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I was thinking the same thing.C'mon guys lets hear it.
The Mossberg Mauler

Post by The Mossberg Mauler »

I'm not very good at putting the stories in print. I'm a lot better at telling a story than writing one. That way I can enhance the facts slightly to create a more interesting tale. The few here that know me would vouch for that. My stories get better with age. Besides, most would find my hunts boring by today's standards. I don't have a blind to sit in one spot and surf the web while hunting. I usually have to get up and move a lot to kill a turkey. If it rains I get wet, the only thing that doesn't get soaked is my face. I don't have a single DSD decoy for birds to come in and fight and mate with, let alone three or four. No video camera to film it all so I can go back and add irritating music to the hunt after the fact. And I don't have any TSS to make incredible kill shots with. No DRT's, that's "Dead Right There" from what I've been told. My birds tend to flop a bit. Even the ones shot at close distances. So most of my stories would probably be considered boring to most. After season, once I've caught up on sleep I'll probably sit down and fill in some details. Might even enhance a few. :lol:
No Need To Count Holes In Paper. My Mossberg And Lead Kill'em Dead!!!!

I've wined and dined with Kings and Queens, and I've slept in the alley eating pork and beans.

Fox Trot Pro Staff Wannabe
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

The Mossberg Mauler wrote:I'm not very good at putting the stories in print. I'm a lot better at telling a story than writing one. That way I can enhance the facts slightly to create a more interesting tale. The few here that know me would vouch for that. My stories get better with age. Besides, most would find my hunts boring by today's standards. I don't have a blind to sit in one spot and surf the web while hunting. I usually have to get up and move a lot to kill a turkey. If it rains I get wet, the only thing that doesn't get soaked is my face. I don't have a single DSD decoy for birds to come in and fight and mate with, let alone three or four. No video camera to film it all so I can go back and add irritating music to the hunt after the fact. And I don't have any TSS to make incredible kill shots with. No DRT's, that's "Dead Right There" from what I've been told. My birds tend to flop a bit. Even the ones shot at close distances. So most of my stories would probably be considered boring to most. After season, once I've caught up on sleep I'll probably sit down and fill in some details. Might even enhance a few. :lol:
Just remember to tell us the one about the mossberg mauler using a rem 870sm on the kill from 3.18.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

pedro wrote:
The Mossberg Mauler wrote:I'm not very good at putting the stories in print. I'm a lot better at telling a story than writing one. That way I can enhance the facts slightly to create a more interesting tale. The few here that know me would vouch for that. My stories get better with age. Besides, most would find my hunts boring by today's standards. I don't have a blind to sit in one spot and surf the web while hunting. I usually have to get up and move a lot to kill a turkey. If it rains I get wet, the only thing that doesn't get soaked is my face. I don't have a single DSD decoy for birds to come in and fight and mate with, let alone three or four. No video camera to film it all so I can go back and add irritating music to the hunt after the fact. And I don't have any TSS to make incredible kill shots with. No DRT's, that's "Dead Right There" from what I've been told. My birds tend to flop a bit. Even the ones shot at close distances. So most of my stories would probably be considered boring to most. After season, once I've caught up on sleep I'll probably sit down and fill in some details. Might even enhance a few. :lol:
Just remember to tell us the one about the mossberg mauler using a rem 870sm on the kill from 3.18.
Hee hee !!

Hey leave him alone or he may not grace us with his boring stories . :(
The Mossberg Mauler

I use three or four different guns. Usually use the long 870 when hunting fields. Also use a couple Mossbergs, a 12 and a 20, along with a Benelli from time to time. Good example of why I generally don't bother will posting a picture or story. If you just want the pictures with a Mossberg I'll gladly remove the 870 picture.

I've wined and dined with Kings and Queens, and I've slept in the alley eating pork and beans.

pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

Don't get me wrong. I like you have a "few" turkey guns. My bantam 500 20g is a turkey killer with the best of them. And my 500 .410 youth is a joy to hunt with. Would probably use a .410 exclusively, but dumb ass Illinois don't allow smaller than 20ga. The cz sxs is the gun I am currently using.
The Mossberg Mauler

timbrhuntr wrote:Hey leave him alone or he may not grace us with his boring stories . :(
I'll be sure and leave out any of the Remington or Benelli stories now that I know the guidelines.

I edited my signature to try to come into compliance.
Last edited by The Mossberg Mauler on March 18th, 2016, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Mossberg Mauler

Dang, I see some other violators. I'm pretty sure #1 wasn't killed in Crenshaw county. And I don't see any busted beards or tube calls. :lol:

The Mossberg Mauler

pedro wrote:Don't get me wrong. I like you have a "few" turkey guns. My bantam 500 20g is a turkey killer with the best of them. And my 500 .410 youth is a joy to hunt with. Would probably use a .410 exclusively, but dumb ass Illinois don't allow smaller than 20ga. The cz sxs is the gun I am currently using.
I guess Illinois figures a #8 TSS out of a 410 couldn't possibly be as lethal as one coming out of a 20 gauge. I guess it's a case of technologie outgrowing the laws that need to be updated. Good luck with that though.

pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

Nothing smaller than 7.5 as well. Lame rules.
turkey_slayer

Where's the Stories at!!

Post by turkey_slayer »

I've only heard 1 bird gobble twice and I poofed him, literally. The end

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

turkey_slayer wrote:I've only heard 1 bird gobble twice and I poofed him, literally. The end

Awesome story. I loved the ending ! :thumbup: :D
BeardBuster

Where's the Stories at!!

Post by BeardBuster »

I don't believe any of this BS...if all of this was true you wouldn't be killin any turkeys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Mossberg Mauler

Ain't that the truth. I'd like to use all that but I'm to old to carry it all in one trip.

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I have found that there are days that you can kill them just by snapping a stick and rustling a few leaves as you sit down and other days where you can't carry enough stuff to get one to come home with you and thats what makes it fun for me anyways !
The Mossberg Mauler

Yep. Me too. I enjoy these hot streaks because I know a dry spell is always right around the corner.

hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

redarrow wrote:
turkey_slayer wrote:I've only heard 1 bird gobble twice and I poofed him, literally. The end

Awesome story. I loved the ending ! :thumbup: :D

Me too :LMAO:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”