HOW DID TURKEY HUNTERS HERE DO THIS FALL?

Everything pertaining to hunting fall turkeys. From calls to Turkey dogs.
quavers16

HOW DID TURKEY HUNTERS HERE DO THIS FALL?

Post by quavers16 »

I walked and called until the cows came home here in my home State of New York. A good 10 times, I was out in out 2 week Season. Two of those days- I was out twice. Must have walked near 6 miles on those days. Nice just getting out however. New Jersey has one day left and I will be huffing it up Cupsaw Mt. in the Pre-dawn to give my Fall Season one last shot.
How did other Fall Turkey Hunters do this Fall??
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: HOW DID TURKEY HUNTERS HERE DO THIS FALL?

Post by Grumpy »

I haven't had a chance to go yet, been busy selling kettle corn all over the state at the fall events but that is done now. We have a 4 month long fall season so I didn't worry about getting out early anyway. Still have Nov. and Dec. open here so I will be going as soon as it warms up some, 15 degrees here today and that was the high temp. Going to take the 20 ga. and the .22 rifle, both legal here in the fall.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

MMMMMM .,,,,,,, we heard 1 hen tonight as we walked back down on the driveway .... "BUT" no fall season here in lot of years, since they finally outlawed rifles, when a hunter got shot another hunter dead :cry:

Good luck to all that "hunt safe" :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Only went once and got messed up by dirt bikes on neighboring property. It comes back in, in December. Archery till Jan.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Yeah no fall season in this part of state anymore. But I gotta say, I never thought we'd rebound to late 90s numbers but we blew by them.

Goose scouting you can't drive 1/2 mile without seeing a flock some days
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

I got up late today and got out in the woods by 9.15am. Found alot of fresh sign and finally got a response to my lost yelping from the brood hen. I was using a Billy Buice Box-magnolia box with a honey lucust lid. I just recently started to turn the boxes over and run the box on the lid. I like that better--louder for sure. That flock was moving fast though and I never saw them.
cmbostc

Post by cmbostc »

Me and 2 buddies just got back from a 5 day hunt. We must have seen close to 100 birds in and out of hunting situations. I called in 2 birds for my buddies, when it was my turn they were out of range. Just my luck!
Chris Brumfiel Turkey Calls
Gobble, Gobble... "BOOM"!

Check us out on Facebook at Chris Brumfiel, Turkey Calls and More or on our Facebook group page, Full Strut.

Our new website is chrisbrumfielturkeycallsandmor.godaddysites.com
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

First morning of Pa. fall season was raining and windy. Broke a small flock of gobblers (8-10) and thinking it was going to be a typical long sit for gobblers. I gobbler yelped after 15 min. and got a yelp back, then the woods broke loose and they started gobbling their heads off as they walked down my gun barrel at 25 yards. (30+gobbles) Great fall hunt! 3/4" spurs, 9 1/4" beard
cmbostc

Post by cmbostc »

Fatmo wrote: November 4th, 2017, 11:42 pm First morning of Pa. fall season was raining and windy. Broke a small flock of gobblers (8-10) and thinking it was going to be a typical long sit for gobblers. I gobbler yelped after 15 min. and got a yelp back, then the woods broke loose and they started gobbling their heads off as they walked down my gun barrel at 25 yards. (30+gobbles) Great fall hunt! 3/4" spurs, 9 1/4" beard
Awesome! We also had gobblers close and gobbling, they just didn't commit and come all the way in. First time experience hearing a springtime gobble in the fall.
Chris Brumfiel Turkey Calls
Gobble, Gobble... "BOOM"!

Check us out on Facebook at Chris Brumfiel, Turkey Calls and More or on our Facebook group page, Full Strut.

Our new website is chrisbrumfielturkeycallsandmor.godaddysites.com
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

I nearly got a turkey yesterday in New Jersey--their last Fall day for turkey hunting. The brood hen answered my lost yelping on my Billy Buice magnolia box with a locust lid. They had a agenda though and moved away while feeding. i circled around them--took 20 minutes. I was close when a few hikers appeared. One wanted to know if I had seen or heard any ATVs on the woodsroads. I said no- then quickly added-- did you see any turkeys?? He said- yeah- they just crossed the road. I was within 100 yards of a road. SO CLOSE TO THEM. I think these 2 spooked them over the road. Someone had them out there looking for illegal ATV riders on public land.
Now, I saw the hiker first and nearly scared him to death as I had camo makeup on my face-LOL! I quickly unloaded as we talked. I think that I would have taken a bird if not for those 2 coming down the trail---but thats public land. Good just to be out on a beautiful Fall morning.
MAK

Post by MAK »

PA: 4 days - 8 miles walking -3 farms - no turkey heard or scratching found, i'm depressed............. lots of those dang 4 legged brown vermin - seen more bucks this fall than i can remember - naturally all i'll see in buck season will be turkey's..............
MAK

Return to “Fall Turkey Hunting & Turkey Dogs”