*Some Iowa help please

Everything pertaining to deer.
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

*Some Iowa help please

Post by killerstump »

Well fellas i know this is slightly of key for time of year since turkeys are firing up but it's kinda a big situation for Myself. Been contemplating asking as i know NR hunters aren't exactly welcomed open arms in Iowa.

Turkey slayer and myself are looking to finally draw in Iowa for 2016 deer season and yet last couple years picking up pref points. We are looking to try for zone 7 and hunting Hawkeye wildlife area. Wondering what kind of pressure and sorts is given on that ground. If any of you can help or give us some ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Or possibly direct us where possibly better could be. Thanks fellas
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Some Iowa help please

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Check with Stinkpickle, Ticeman or Jaybird!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Some Iowa help please

Post by killerstump »

Ok 10-4 hopefully these fellas will see this and pm us or post in here.

Thanks camoman for giving heads up in who to talk with
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

I don't know much about Zone 7. I've heard decent things about the public tracts in the southwestern corner of the state...Zone 4, I think. Archery hunting should be OK, but I wouldn't go anywhere near public land during shotgun season. Even private properties get stomped when the orange army arrives. Some spots might be OK, but I just haven't heard of them.
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Some Iowa help please

Post by killerstump »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote:I don't know much about Zone 7. I've heard decent things about the public tracts in the southwestern corner of the state...Zone 4, I think. Archery hunting should be OK, but I wouldn't go anywhere near public land during shotgun season. Even private properties get stomped when the orange army arrives. Some spots might be OK, but I just haven't heard of them.
Think we are looking to go around week 2 till near end the month. I'm Not sure if we will Have enuff points to draw zone 4. Turkey slayer has did a little more in depth than myself cause I'm not very good with computers. Like to find big private tracts but that's u likely
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

I done some research on a place stumpy told me about and the only thing I could find was where some guy said to stay away from the timbered area on the north side. Said it was called fairy hill and a bunch of queers meet up there and do whatever they do and said he saw some naked guy running around the woods. I swear you can't make this stuff up. So now I'm wondering how stumpy got his name and why he invited me
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

Which reminds me. "Stinkypickle" how did you get your name again?
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Some Iowa help please

Post by killerstump »

I was wondering stinky pickle the name too. But don't pick on him Yet slayer. We need hunting info away from dairy hill. Lol
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Some Iowa help please

Post by killerstump »

Ttt for the other fellas
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

turkey_slayer wrote:Which reminds me. "Stinkypickle" how did you get your name again?
I don't remember how I got it, but many historians agree that the name originates from old Nordic phrase meaning "Please stop eating fried cabbage".
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

turkey_slayer wrote:...Said it was called fairy hill and a bunch of queers meet up there and do whatever they do and said he saw some naked guy running around the woods...
The November and December temps should discourage that activity...maybe...at least, I hope it would.
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Some Iowa help please

Post by killerstump »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote:
turkey_slayer wrote:Which reminds me. "Stinkypickle" how did you get your name again?
I don't remember how I got it, but many historians agree that the name originates from old Nordic phrase meaning "Please stop eating fried cabbage".
Funny you say that. I live where the once cabbage capital was

Return to “Deer Hunting”