Anyone like Quaker Boy?

Show and tell for call collectors.
bowhunterMO22

Anyone like Quaker Boy?

Post by bowhunterMO22 »

Recently acquired some Quaker Calls. Any info on this one? I can't find value, or how rare they are anywhere online? Any info would be appreciated.
Attachments
Calls3.jpg
Calls2.jpg
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Anyone like Quaker Boy?

Post by Gobbler »

I have his first production box and a long box. He signed both at the convention the year before he passed. They go for high dollar now.
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

I love Quakerboy Boat Paddles and as far as pricing goes. As long as people love them the price will be out of this world with Dicks signature on it.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I wasn't aware that Dick had died and am sorry to hear this. I had communicated with him decades ago. His brother and nephew, Ken and Nathaniel, both excellent decorative decoy carvers, made calls for Dick during his salad days. Nathaniel was just a kid when he pitched in and helped. I believe Dick collaborated with Neil Cost to make commemorative boat paddle calls. Dick made them and Neil signed them if memory serves. Years ago, I introduced a man into turkey hunting by taking him several times and giving him a Kirby box call. I showed him how to use it and took him around and showed him a few places on public land. He went back, got confused, and was standing where he thought he was supposed to be, but was in the wrong place by a mile or two. As a result of being in the wrong place at the right time, he heard two, called them up with the Quaker Boy box, and shot both. It never got easier than that for him. :)
That's a very good find.

Gil

PS: Here's one: https://www.quakerboy.com/product/neil- ... roduction/
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

I used to use Quaker Boy mouth calls back in the early 90s. Used to swear that I needed a boat paddle call for no other reason than watching Dick Kirby run it on "In Quest of the Grand Slam" back in 1990 when I first started turkey hunting. A local video store had the video and I must have rented it a dozen times. I think it was my first intro to a Merriam's (in New Mexico).
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

One of the ranches I could hunt in Wyoming , dick and Chris hunted. The rancher was gifted a signed paddle from them. I actually went there a few years ago to let him know the sad news.

I had one of the original qb mini paddles, lost it a few years ago. I actually cried
bowhunterMO22

Post by bowhunterMO22 »

Thanks for the comments, I also got 2 more Quaker calls... I will attach the pic. It has Dick's famous turkey drawing and signature, Jerry Martin's sig (Bass Pro Hunter), Roscoe Reams signature and I am still trying to depict the others.
Attachments
Calls4.jpg
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I like Quaker Oats, keeps me regular.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"

Return to “Collectors Room”