KY season so far

Pedro, Kygobbler, Bigspurs68, grumpy, Glockmaster
kygobbler

KY season so far

Post by kygobbler »

Well I had to unfortunately leave the woods and come back to work for the weekend but back on vacation next week. This is how my season has gone so far.

Opening day I called one in with a mouth call (which I totally suck with) and got him within 15 yards. I had a young lady with me was going to let her shoot him. At the last second he got spooked and ran about 100 yards on the edge of a wheat field. After trying for 45 minutes of getting him to come back I belly crawled along the edge of the wheat field and shot him. He had a big body but only had a 7" beard and 15/16" spurs.

The rest of my two weeks can be described in one word....boring. The birds would gobble a little on the roost and zero on the ground and leave to other properties that I don't have permission to hunt.

So far these are the only critters I have been able to kill without trying. Any time I set up somewhere I had one come in.

Well I tried to upload pics but after waiting 10 minutes for it to upload I got tired of watching the bar go back and forth. :angryfire:

I have killed 4 yotes in the last week. Hopefully after thinning them out some the gobblers will come back. I will be back after them starting Monday for everyday till the season closes.
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: KY season so far

Post by pedro »

Hopefully they will be more responsive for you soon. Good luck
Bigspurs68

Post by Bigspurs68 »

Keep after em. You'll find a goodun.
Momma said "kill that turkey"
kygobbler

Post by kygobbler »

Well guys my season is over and I wasn't able to pull my weight. I ended up only getting that one turkey. I passed on some shots on some jakes and super jakes and let one gobbler with a short beard walk. This is the first time I haven't filled my tags since I ate tag soup 5 or 6 years ago.

The only success I had was being able to take out 5 yotes on 3 different farms. Looks like Im going to have to get serious into yote hunting. All season long as soon as the birds feet hit the ground they crossed the property line.

Now I have to wait till Oct. 24th and try to get my revenge on the gobblers.

Good luck everybody.
Bigspurs68

Post by Bigspurs68 »

I'm sorry it ended that way for ya. You were just stuck in Predator Nation.
Momma said "kill that turkey"

Return to “THE HERMIT GOBBLERS”