Unicoi

Call makers showcase and advice on call making.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Unicoi

Post by Turkinator »

For us poor miserable wretches who couldn't make it to Unicoi, how about showing us what we missed?
gaswamp

Re: Unicoi

Post by gaswamp »

you missed a good show, good time, good people, and good calls
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

from what I have seen the call makers who traded bought calls I think they kicked turkey season up a notch already. they in high spirits

kinda like pre rut..
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

How about an after Unicoi sale here on GN?
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Went Friday and had a blast. Best part is talking with guys and meeting new people. Here are my spoils:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

davisd9 wrote: January 15th, 2019, 7:18 am Went Friday and had a blast. Best part is talking with guys and meeting new people. Here are my spoils:

What’s the story on the mail call and the black looking crower?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

davisd9 wrote: January 15th, 2019, 7:18 am Went Friday and had a blast. Best part is talking with guys and meeting new people. Here are my spoils:

WOW!!!! who made the strikers? They look like Howard Fowlers.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

hoobilly wrote: January 15th, 2019, 7:51 am

What’s the story on the mail call and the black looking crower?
Doug Herman was there selling his calls. I started messing around with them and found them to be a neat little call. He gave me some pointers on how to run one and I took it outside and decided I needed one. Cool little call that I am still working with.

Bought the crow call from Darayl Gossley of Old Man Archer. He is a disciple of Mr. Gibson and does some neat wood work with his callers. I picked it up for my youngest son, and the Fowler Snakewood as I try to buy each of them a call or something related each year so when they are old enough they are ready to go. It is ebony, i think, sleeved around bamboo.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Turkinator wrote: January 15th, 2019, 8:12 am

They are from Mr. Fowler. I was so happy to see he was there. Had a great conversation with him and picked him the snakewood for my youngest son and a hickory for myself.
ol bob

Post by ol bob »

gaswamp what you say is so true you can go to Unicoi a not spend a dime and have a great time its more about meeting and greeting tall tells and old friends never gets old'
A wise old owl sat in a mighty oak , The more he saw the less he spoke, The less he spoke the more he heard, Why can't everyone be like this wise Ol bird
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

davisd9 wrote: January 15th, 2019, 9:01 am
Turkinator wrote: January 15th, 2019, 8:12 am

They are from Mr. Fowler. I was so happy to see he was there. Had a great conversation with him and picked him the snakewood for my youngest son and a hickory for myself.
Man that is great to hear! I need to order a couple more of his strikers myself.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I have one of Mr Fowler's snakewood strikers. It's awesome!!
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

Turkinator wrote: January 15th, 2019, 12:47 pm I have one of Mr Fowler's snakewood strikers. It's awesome!!
Yes indeed! Runs on everything!
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Who’s Crow call is that?
Mike
firedup

Post by firedup »

unicoi 2019 2.jpg
I agree with meeting old friends and making new ones. It really was / is a good time. Where can you set down and actually talk like real people with some of the legends of the sport. But I did manage to find a few things that caught my interest. It was pretty much about the air operated stuff for this trip. L-R; Larry Profitts book. Richard Hudson trumpet, Lamar Williams wingbone, Tony Ezolt wingbone, Billy Buice trumpet, Mike Lapp jordan style trumpet, Tony Ellis trumpet, Clint Corder ceramic, some of Irving Whitts wifes cool tumpet cases and couple boxes Fed TSS for the 20. A few other things. There were so many outstanding callmakers there it was a real overload. I certainly ran and walked away from some of the best calls I've ever heard, of all types. Whew!

(sorry for the pic, it was either this or upside down. Cant figure it out :evil:)
Goblen

Post by Goblen »

My unicoi haul.Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

firedup wrote: January 16th, 2019, 9:55 pm unicoi 2019 2.jpgI agree with meeting old friends and making new ones. It really was / is a good time. Where can you set down and actually talk like real people with some of the legends of the sport. But I did manage to find a few things that caught my interest. It was pretty much about the air operated stuff for this trip. L-R; Larry Profitts book. Richard Hudson trumpet, Lamar Williams wingbone, Tony Ezolt wingbone, Billy Buice trumpet, Mike Lapp jordan style trumpet, Tony Ellis trumpet, Clint Corder ceramic, some of Irving Whitts wifes cool tumpet cases and couple boxes Fed TSS for the 20. A few other things. There were so many outstanding callmakers there it was a real overload. I certainly ran and walked away from some of the best calls I've ever heard, of all types. Whew!

(sorry for the pic, it was either this or upside down. Cant figure it out :evil:)
whats Corder getting for his pots these days?
midmslongbeard

Post by midmslongbeard »

Did mr harold Fowler start turning some again I've been wanting a few more to add to the dozen I got a few years back.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

midmslongbeard wrote:Did mr harold Fowler start turning some again I've been wanting a few more to add to the dozen I got a few years back.

He is taking orders by phone, but will be in the hospital for a little bit soon. I am sure he would appreciate any business.

Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I recently got a hickory and a black locust from him. Outstanding! Mr Fowler makes some of the best strikers available! Love his snakewood on my Blackstone crystal
4E2B29B8-3779-45E4-A1AA-03A7796667A7.jpeg

Return to “Call Makers”