David Halloran Turkey calls....Anybody use them?

All about turkey calling + News, techniques, routines, advice, etc..
The SPURSUADER

David Halloran Turkey calls....Anybody use them?

Post by The SPURSUADER »

I make my own calls that I call The SPURSUADER and they are Pot/Peg friction calls of various woods. I have always tinkered with building Turkey calls, Some are Wing-Bone, Scratch, Box ETC but before I got serious a year or so ago...I carried David Halloran calls...I have a Aluminum in Birdseye maple, A Laminated Slate that won awards and the Crystal Mistress that won the DD Adams award a few years ago...Also have a Box call of His that he personalized to me that I just have (Don't Hunt It)...Anyways, The short time I have been on this forum, I have yet to see mention of His name...he's from NY and is a great guy...I see no difference in his calls and sound as I do my own but I know he sells his for almost twice as much lol...Here's a Pic of David and myself in 2011 at the Dixie deer Classic...I'm the Bald 1 lol....Chasing Gobblers did that to me!!!!!!
Attachments
me and David Hollaran.png
me and David Hollaran.png (80.03 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
SPURSUADER Custom Calls...Call'em in and Carry'em out!!
HookedSpur83

Re: David Halloran Turkey calls....Anybody use them?

Post by HookedSpur83 »

The SPURSUADER wrote:I make my own calls that I call The SPURSUADER and they are Pot/Peg friction calls of various woods. I have always tinkered with building Turkey calls, Some are Wing-Bone, Scratch, Box ETC but before I got serious a year or so ago...I carried David Halloran calls...I have a Aluminum in Birdseye maple, A Laminated Slate that won awards and the Crystal Mistress that won the DD Adams award a few years ago...Also have a Box call of His that he personalized to me that I just have (Don't Hunt It)...Anyways, The short time I have been on this forum, I have yet to see mention of His name...he's from NY and is a great guy...I see no difference in his calls and sound as I do my own but I know he sells his for almost twice as much lol...Here's a Pic of David and myself in 2011 at the Dixie deer Classic...I'm the Bald 1 lol....Chasing Gobblers did that to me!!!!!!
He makes some great sounding calls a friend of mine uses them, I will have me a box made by him before next season
SCtrkyhntr

Post by SCtrkyhntr »

I have one of his box calls and have played alot of his pot calls. His pot calls are really good, better than alot of calls that sell for more. Sound alone I would probably put them in the top 10. I think his calls would look alot more custom if he would throw away that wood bruning stamp and personally sign and number each call. Honestly that wood burning stamp has kept me from buying one for my collection in the past.
The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

SCtrkyhntr wrote:I have one of his box calls and have played alot of his pot calls. His pot calls are really good, better than alot of calls that sell for more. Sound alone I would probably put them in the top 10. I think his calls would look alot more custom if he would throw away that wood bruning stamp and personally sign and number each call. Honestly that wood burning stamp has kept me from buying one for my collection in the past.
I wood Burn my Stamp also and have had people say they liked the call better without it and it does look tacky when your looking at the beauty of a call and then....BAM!! Big ol burn area on it but to be honest, I only got the stamp because a so-called friend of mine was taking my Signature off with vinegar and telling his Pals that he was making the Calls and he would get them from me for our Buddy Price and re-Sale to them for a profit and we have a few of the same friends and I noticed 1 one day and asked how he liked it and he said...I really love that call....So&So made that for me...Really? :angry5: But hey...That's the way it goes....I might do away with the stamp soon myself.
SPURSUADER Custom Calls...Call'em in and Carry'em out!!
SCtrkyhntr

Post by SCtrkyhntr »

I would sign with permanent marker or paint pen on the unfinished wood then put the wood finish on over the signature. Then they would have to remove the call finish to remove signature.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

SCtrkyhntr wrote:I would sign with permanent marker or paint pen on the unfinished wood then put the wood finish on over the signature. Then they would have to remove the call finish to remove signature.
I would put a picture of me under the glass, be good for sales too :thumbup:
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: I would put a picture of me under the glass, be good for sales too :thumbup:
Yep, your picture would certainly increase the value of a call!!

:bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Mike
Ultimate Predator
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

The pic that will not go away
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:The pic that will not go away

Nope, it won't! :toothy7:

Mike
Ultimate Predator
SCtrkyhntr

Post by SCtrkyhntr »

If you are going with a head to toe shot it would have to be a 1/2 scale pic of Tom to fit inside a pot call though, life size pic is a shade too big.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

SCtrkyhntr wrote:If you are going with a head to toe shot it would have to be a 1/2 scale pic of Tom to fit inside a pot call though, life size pic is a shade too big.
Wow didnt see that coming :roll:
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Dang .You boys are hard tonight.Sorry Tom ,but that is a funny pic for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

He makes a decent pot

Return to “Calling & Competition Calling”