XT TURKEY CALLS

All about turkey calling + News, techniques, routines, advice, etc..
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

XT TURKEY CALLS

Post by vaturkey »

Have any of you folks used any XT calls ?

Thanks

vaturkey :struttin:
GSLAM95
Location: Southern Illinois - NOTE: Chicago is not part of IL by our choice!

Re: XT TURKEY CALLS

Post by GSLAM95 »

Yep, I have the XT Turmoil and the Ruckus.....Stiffer tape but a nice call.....I will also be trying some of the Strike Zone calls by Randy Panek this year. After talking with Mike Battey several times I like the idea of this frame and the way he is getting consistent stretch and hold due to the frame design.
When in doubt,show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I used XT calls (Havoc and something else) last year and almost killed one, so I'll probably use them again this year.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

guesswho wrote:I used XT calls (Havoc and something else) last year and almost killed one, so I'll probably use them again this year.

WILDCAT :turkeywave:
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

The havoc and mayhem - the mayhem is my favorite.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

The havoc is my favorite mouth call. It is pure turkey with some rasp. The tape on the xt takes some getting used to, but I love them. Steve is a guy that will look after you!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

XT TURKEY CALLS

Post by hawglips »

The XT Kee is the best mouth call I've ever used. It's my closer. If course everybody's mouth is different.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

XT TURKEY CALLS

Post by hawglips »

Steve is switching over to softer tape on all his calls. Has to do with supplier quality. I really like the stiff tape myself.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

hawglips wrote:Steve is switching over to softer tape on all his calls. Has to do with supplier quality. I really like the stiff tape myself.
I did not know he was doing that. I like the stiff tape as well. I just go ahead and stick the call in my mouth before I leave the truck and by the time I am ready to start calling it is ready to go. I have told friends about the XT and they did not like the tape, but I for one wish it would stay. Will have to try some of the ones with the new tape.
turkeykiller

Post by turkeykiller »

The switch will be slow..I'm told that thick tape will stop being made so I'm buying up as much as possible..that could always change though..For now we are offering the Havoc and XT Kee in the new tape...its listed separate...The Ruckus has it on it full time..I REALLY like the thin tape,its like a broken in call right off the start..Don't be afraid to try it,everyone knows I wouldn't put it on any of my calls if it wasn't good..any questions 7246991258
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Thanks for the info! Mr. Steve Kinder?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

davisd9 wrote:Thanks for the info! Mr. Steve Kinder?
That was Steve
I txt him saying y'all had questions
I thought you would be BIGGER
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Thanks for that!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Got my XT calls with the new tape yesterday
Tried them today they are easy to play and like Steve said these calls have no break in period like the hard tape had
I thought you would be BIGGER
wbpc

XT TURKEY CALLS

Post by wbpc »

Ordered mine today. Got the XT lee and Havoc with the soft tape.
turkeykiller

Post by turkeykiller »

Not to be brazen..but these calls just got that much better..Also would like to add that you will be seeing XT Calls on Big Bow Outdoors very soon..I will be the turkey call sponsor for this already established tv show based out of Pittsburgh,Pa on the ROOT Sports Network..I look forward to working with this group of guys who film REAL hunts!!..Look for product reviews on XT gear as well as me doing a few "tips" segments and running a few of our calls...
bonemonger

Post by bonemonger »

spent some time with Steve today, bought 5 calls from him. he knows his stuff, calls sound great. anyone going to Nashville should look him up.
turkeykiller

Post by turkeykiller »

bonemonger wrote:spent some time with Steve today, bought 5 calls from him. he knows his stuff, calls sound great. anyone going to Nashville should look him up.
Thanks for coming over!!..It's always nice to run calls for new people..Feel free to call again and turn your buddies on to XT!
turkeykiller

Post by turkeykiller »

I have another new call listed today...RAVAGE...3 reed combo cut with black latex on top and proph underneath..this call really bangs out some turkey!!...I had formerly sold it in the past as the HAVOC 2...it deserves its own name and really cant wait to get this call out on the market!!!..the black latex is AWESOME this year and mixes well with the proph...
Turkey_Chickkk

Post by Turkey_Chickkk »

XT CALLS is all I run, for competitions and hunting. Have won many contests and placed in just as many as well as tagging out many turkeys and calling in many turkeys.
It's all fun & games until your beat by a girl.
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

XT TURKEY CALLS

Post by drenalinld »

Just got my first batch from XT. Really, really good ones.
turkeykiller

Post by turkeykiller »

drenalinld wrote:Just got my first batch from XT. Really, really good ones.
I curious to see what you thought of them..
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

XT TURKEY CALLS

Post by drenalinld »

I think they are easy to run, but not too easy as has been the craze with several callmakers of late. I like a call I can get on and it will hold up and these fit the bill. The Riot and Havoc ran great right away and even better after a little break in time. I have not tried the Kee yet as the ghost cut is usually not my favorite, but so many people loved it I had to give it a try.
turkeykiller

Post by turkeykiller »

drenalinld wrote:I think they are easy to run, but not too easy as has been the craze with several callmakers of late. I like a call I can get on and it will hold up and these fit the bill. The Riot and Havoc ran great right away and even better after a little break in time. I have not tried the Kee yet as the ghost cut is usually not my favorite, but so many people loved it I had to give it a try.
...that "craze" is just a way to bring sales and means nothing IMO...Glad you liked them..
milkman

Post by milkman »

Can you get these calls in a small frame?

Return to “Calling & Competition Calling”