Aweful dead here

Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Aweful dead here

Post by Johndoe »

Where is everyone? No talk at all with the "ASSassins"
I am sittin on go.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Aweful dead here

Post by Grover »

Busy, busy, busy. I'm about ready, gotta do some 20 ga testing when the weather breaks, I'm tricking out my little 870 as a turkey kiling machine, having a tough time finding ammo. I've got a bushnell Holosight on it and starting with an IC .555 and some hevi mag blend 5-6-7's. I've got a .560 haymaker but can't find any Federal FCW hevi 7's.

If this fails me then I 'll go with my trusty Benelli super 90 12 ga. It's never missed one and I've got a case of that ammo.

Ready to Assassinate a couple birds this year.
"INFIDEL"
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

You know I did an 870 20ga and it took a while to get good patterns. Finally a SumToy choke got me good patterns. I didnt try Hevi brand shells as I wanted the HW #7 in this gun. TSS is super easy. Good luck.

John

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
ole5beards

Post by ole5beards »

I'm here. For some reason I always have a hard time finding this page!! I always get directed to the main page. Anyhow getting ready here in bama. March 15th can't get here fast enough. Got a good friend of mine that owns about 3,000 prime acres for turkeys. He called me a week ago and said he will not hunt his property until he kills a public land bird. I used to hunt alot of public land and killed a few birds on some wma's as well as national Forrest's. so he asked for help, great thing is as soon as I help him get his bird he's gonna let me hunt his place!! Hopefully we knock it out on the 15th!!
Pass the biscuits!!
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Yep. A little over a week til youth weekend. Then March 16 for us. Ala April 1 or so. Gonna spend a few days with Scott(Basser69). Bust a few heads.

What's up with that
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grover »

I am SOOO ready! My first hunt is March 29 with our fearless :shock: leader Doug. The little 20 is shooting GREAT! I still haven't decided on which gun to take with me though.
"INFIDEL"
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Youth hunt this weekend. Got some birds spotted. Hope to have a kids smiling face here soon.

What's up with that
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grover »

Johndoe wrote:Youth hunt this weekend. Got some birds spotted. Hope to have a kids smiling face here soon.
Good luck to ya,
Yes, we wanna see pictures...

I'm 3 weeks out, ready but not prepared yet. Lots to get done before then but not much of it relates to turkey hunting. Gun is ready, clothes are just about (if they still fit) :) You know they shrink in storage. Calls are ready, but I still need more practice with my trumpet.

READY, FIRE, AIM!!!
"INFIDEL"
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Ok guys looks like you are goin to have to take up some of my slack. I did well callin birds in this year but I only killed 1. Some one needs to enter a bird in my #2 spot.

What's up with that
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

i just started to hunt, so we will see how fortunate i can be.
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grover »

Today marks day #12 hunting for me. This has been my toughest season ever, I haven't gotten to work a single bird. I think I'll take up fishing. :)
"INFIDEL"

Return to “Yelpin' Assassins”