Good job team

Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Good job team

Post by Jaybird »

in getting all your birds posted. This has not been the only contest I've seen final scores determined by, which team got their birds registered in the contest, and who didn't. Thanks for taking the time to do this even after a few of us didn't understand the rules to begin with. Not to mention names, but their first names start with the initial J, and they are old :lol: Tkankfully Shooter was the guiding light on this team in more ways than one. :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Good job team

Post by Shooter »

Yea Jay, I'm starting to believe I take this stuff way too serious. It really showed lately,..Geeeez!
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Shooter wrote:Yea Jay, I'm starting to believe I take this stuff way too serious. It really showed lately,..Geeeez!
:lol: Show me a male who doesn't like to win at anything he competes in.
ImageImageImage
bonemonger

Post by bonemonger »

it has been with mixed feelings that i have had watching this contest play out. we played by the rules and won, but i still feel for team 8 that had one player ruin a great season for the other four. for next years contest i would like to see two divisions, a gross and net winner. you can take a team members best bird for the gross contest with no help from other team members. in other words each member has to kill his own bird in that part. then you can take the teams top ten birds score for the net champion. this way if a team has a member that doesnt do things right they still have a chance too win. in the gross contest you score 5 birds and the net the teams ten best birds. just a thought Bob.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

I believe Doug is going to start a thread to hash over future contests to come up with the best format on the rules. Getting all team members to register their birds correctly and timely has always been an issue. The only reason Jerry (Big Sho) didn't score his first bird was our rules differed from all other contests with scoring two birds vs one, and he missed that like a lot of us did. He's been impossible to get ahold of because of being buried at work, and not on line much. The way around that would have been for the team captains to have covered that with the team members at the start of the contest, so they were aware. I screwed up and didn't, but Shooter had my back, and did. I get a kick out of these contests where no one has a team captain, and then wonder at the end why nothing got done. I even have phone numbers of team members, where I can call them if I can't get ahold of them on line. That has helped in the past a lot, when people are buried in their personal life, and not on line.
ImageImageImage
Cont520

Good job team

Post by Cont520 »

Without a doubt y'all did a great job. There's no taking away from that. Next year we are gunning for ya lol so SHOOTER get them big birds line up y'all gonna need them lol ;) on a serious congrats guys

Robert McCormick toxic calls Prostaff, ultimate shot hwah Prostaff. 3m racing
Double beard guide service LLC
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Cont520 wrote:Without a doubt y'all did a great job. There's no taking away from that. Next year we are gunning for ya lol so SHOOTER get them big birds line up y'all gonna need them lol ;) on a serious congrats guys

Robert McCormick toxic calls Prostaff, ultimate shot hwah Prostaff. 3m racing
:mrgreen: I'll definitely be keeping up with Shooter if I'm retired, like planned.
ImageImageImage
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

This was my best season in years, and I want to give a big shoutout to Jaybird and shooter for keeping us straight! :thumbup:
I was thrilled to finally be able to contribute. NH has a 1 bird limit, so I'm glad he was decent. 18-20 pounders are pretty much the norm around here, and it's pretty tough to get one with spurs over an inch in length.
Thanks again, and I had a blast. I didn't pressure myself as hard as I have in past years. I went out and had fun. I learned key stratagies that I never even thought to apply, and they paid off in spades.
Most times, the turkeys are the best teachers, and when you pay attention to what's going on, it can be a productive spring!

Return to “Meat Packers”