One more for the vest.

davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

One more for the vest.

Post by davisd9 »

I put in an order for a box call from a South Carolina maker. His calls are pretty popular around the upstate here. My mentor used a couple of his boxes last year and told me I should get up with him and have one made. I actually won one of his boxes at a NWTF event. I know it has sassafras on it but cannot remember the other wood. It sounded really good but I wanted another with a little more rasp to it so I could have a clean sound and a raspy sound to let the birds decide which they like better.

He only does it in his spare time and had a few boxes already in front of me. I had actually thought he lost my order and was just not going to worry about it. I put in my order last July and had not heard anything from him until about a week ago. He said he had my box together if I still wanted it and that he would send it to me and let me play it. If I was satisfied then I could send payment, if I was not satisfied then to just send the call back. Got it yesterday and now she is in my vest. :D

10 days to youth day!
12 days to the opener!

Return to “Sun Rise Phantoms”