cape mount

For all the Gobbler Nation "do-it-yourselfers".
tomgirl

cape mount

Post by tomgirl »

Just wanted to share a cape mount that I done for a friend. Still needs just a little work,but I am mostly done with it. Im no expert and am new to this. This is just the 3rd one I've done,but I really enjoy doing this stuff.
Attachments
1011744_4652244673548_1825643900_n.jpg
1011744_4652244673548_1825643900_n.jpg (176.67 KiB) Viewed 5184 times
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: cape mount

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

cool :thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

awesome
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Dang, that looks good. I like that almost as well as a full mount, and at next to no cost. Great job.
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

Really looks good, I have seen mounts like that before and think they are great.
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

No better way to decorate a wall! :thumbright: :thumbleft:
tomgirl

Post by tomgirl »

Thanks everyone. Your nice comments made my day. Hope someday to have my walls decorated in wall to wall feathers ha ha. Each mount carries its own memory.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Looks great.
tomgirl

Post by tomgirl »

Thanks Gobbler.I love doing this sort of thing. Hope to try a deer hide this fall.
The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

OK OK...That's NICE!!!! I still remember that day and the luck i had been having trying to get Number 1 of the season....And even this 1 knew something wasn't right as started to leave as fast as he came and I had 1 opening and found his head and here he is!!! Looks like a few of those Number 5s got into his tail but that adds character in my opinion...Thanks for offering to do this...The 1 I'm trying is still Borax covered and laying in garage but I'll get around to it lol..Thanks again!!!
SPURSUADER Custom Calls...Call'em in and Carry'em out!!
tomgirl

Post by tomgirl »

Yeah when Livi told me you missed one I felt bad for you . Then when you guys came back and you had blood on your shirt I thought maybe your gun had busted your nose in the excitement like a friend of ours has happen to him frequently,lol. Glad you got a nice one,you earned that one. Glad we all got a nice one.That was a memorable hunt for sure.
The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

I tell ya what was happening....Each time the Gobblers would come in, Don would say my Name...either Right there Joey!! Or Bust Him Joey!! or That's a nice Bird Joey!! And the Gobblers would freak at the sound of my name and go hay-wire because they know that "Joey" is bad news in the woods...You know? like a Predator!!! So when this Bird was approaching I said to Don to just be Cool!!...I had him right there when Don said "What are you waiting on Joey? At that instance, This Gobbler, like the ones before him turned to save hinself and I got Lucky and........OK I'll stop LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Nothing wrong with that,,looks good.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
tomgirl

Post by tomgirl »

Ummm,ok. When we were hunting, that gobbler you called down the hill,across the creek only to shoot a feather off his back, he didn't trot off either until he heard me say shoot him Joey shoot him,lol. I'm just teasing. You done a heck of a job calling that one in.
tomgirl

Post by tomgirl »

Thanks Grumpy :D
The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

tomgirl wrote:Ummm,ok. When we were hunting, that gobbler you called down the hill,across the creek only to shoot a feather off his back, he didn't trot off either until he heard me say shoot him Joey shoot him,lol. I'm just teasing. You done a heck of a job calling that one in.
I remember that because I looked over at you and seen this :shock: ...Then I shot and seen this :o and you seen this :( and then this :dontknow: and I think behind my back, you were doing this :lol: which would had made me like this :angry5: but then I had that Gas pain and felt like this :mrgreen: lol But seriously...I like to give them a fair chance so it's not uncommon for me to fire a warning shot and sometimes i just like to spook them real bad so I can try and call them in again....But as you witnessed...That doesn't always work LOL....I actually bought a Williams Sight off the Classifieds here last week for my mossberg but gonna be tough to let my scope go but think I will....Depends on how many Ducks fly away after I shoot at them with these great eyes I have lol
tomgirl

Post by tomgirl »

That bird was on us before we had time to turn on him. He'll be there for next season,I hope. That new sight may make you a leathal weapon,lol. With the cost of ammo, we can't afford to fire too many warning shots. I always laugh at myself at the end of every season.I'm finding shells in every pocket of my pants,jacket,backpack,even in the console of my explorer. I don't know why ,I think everytime I head in the woods I just grab a few extra.No wonder I was having such a hard time on that long walk,my pants weighed 10 pounds,lol. Let me know how that sight works out.
tomgirl

Post by tomgirl »

I just reread your post, :lol:

Return to “DIY”