New chili recipe

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

New chili recipe

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So with food trailer coming up mad scientist Sal went to work on a new Chilli recipe. With 50 mph wind gust and rain perfect day for it.

We both love our moms but honestly she hit outta park with this. She's like taste it, she's like it starts touch of sweet from brown sugar and a touch of heat to finish. Exactly as described. No tweak needed perfect she kept adding stuff as it cooked

I know everyone thinks they have best chili, this stuff is legit. Ate chili all over country it will hang,great stuff.
10748-01.jpeg
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: New chili recipe

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Looks good. I love chili on a cool fall day (just about any day really). I think I'll have my wife and I make some chili this weekend.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Older gentleman owned a coffee shop in plymouth Indiana. His names Ed Madden. Excellent chef and he made a 5 bean chili that was white looking and was the best I’ve ever had bar none

That looks good and I love the sweet heat
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Thanks guys. Best chili I've ever had was when hunting in hullet Wyoming. Dude did a 9 meat chili, every animal I think on the continent. Went back next day and it was sold out. Crying

This stuff is pretty dang good. And some May differ but I find a stewed tomato, nah ain't eating. She used fresh diced along with Chipotle peppers.

If took her a couple of hours, adding more of this or that simmering stirring testing

It's got a lil heat, perfect amount it's on backend, not holy crap. Tingle on your toungue. Sal grew up with a ma downhome cooking. We eat awesome in the winter thanks to her
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Looks great, Tom! I love a good bowl of Chile. My wife makes a great Chile. I do like to Tabasco the hell out of it, though!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I like it when the flavor just pops and then halfway thru your nose starts to water a hair. Love that it catches up with you and your get that tingly sensation
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Agreed. My nose has to run. Then I know I have enough Tabasco in it.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: October 17th, 2019, 12:59 pm I like it when the flavor just pops and then halfway thru your nose starts to water a hair. Love that it catches up with you and your get that tingly sensation
That's how this is. I sweated a lil but it's not hot just a kick. I hate when people say I make the hottest chili or salsa. Anyone can grind habanero peppers. But if you can only eat a spoonful or one chip what's point. Sal and I enjoy heat but some people go overboard like it's a badge of honor
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: October 17th, 2019, 1:17 pm Agreed. My nose has to run. Then I know I have enough Tabasco in it.
Mike you would love our potato packs or hobo Stew. We found a ghost chili sauce made in Michigan.

Bought it dabbed a toothpick in bottle, holy mother of pearl, eyes running, sweat, sinuses blown out. Literally a dab.

Then we used it in potato packs and hobo Stew. It takes it down a bit. It's tasty still makes you sweat, nose running but it's got great flavor

It looks like a dark brown dipping sauce. So badly when cooking fries or something set it out in a bowl. Watch people dip lighting there world on fire lol
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I like tasty spice. Regular Tabasco is my perfect heat range. I cannot do habanero anything. That is out of my league. I put Tabasco on every bite of a beef stick. Cover the end and have at it. Same with jerky.

Return to “Camp Dinner”