Green Thai Curry Swan

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
WoodMoose

Green Thai Curry Swan

Post by WoodMoose »

this one got better every reheating! But then I am a Thai food junky (well, those who know me would say I am a food junky,,,don't matter the ethnic origin!)

had a couple of swan legs and thighs from this winters bird,,,,,

seasoned with Cracker Boy,,,put in a crock pot,,,added three cups of water and some cut up onion,,,,cooked for 5 hours on high,,,,cooled and deboned cut unto small bite sized pieces,,,,,,we use more meat than the recipe calls for,,,there is plenty of "juice" to flavor it all,,,

mixed it with the spice packet, coconut milk, etc (per instructions on pack) and let sit in refrigerator for a few hours,,,,,

then took out, cooked per instructions in our wok with some small carrots slivers, onion, and brocolli,,,,eaten with a serving of sticky rice,,,,,adding some red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch (not quite "Thai Hot" but the basic seasonings are for weak Americans!)

loved it,,,,,,,

no pictures as I scarfed it to fast,,,,,maybe next time,,,,yeah right

I know a lot of folks just breast the birds,,,,but there is a lot of meat on the thighs and legs on many birds,,,especially the swans,,,,,,just saying!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Green Thai Curry Swan

Post by Hoobilly »

Man please take a time out for pictures next time!
I love thai food. Actually I am like you and love to eat different types of ethnic foods
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Camp Dinner”