Garden Results 216

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
MAK

Garden Results 216

Post by MAK »

Heirloom tomato - first ripe one was above average

About 3/4 of Candy Onions are out and drying - make GREAT onion rings - only a couple above average. Did something wrong this year.

MAK
fisherxp

Re: Garden Results 216

Post by fisherxp »

I love tomatoes......unfortunately here on Cape Cod the sandy soil supports little except siverleafs and weeds. I've tried amendments, container gardening and raised beds, all with limited success. I did get a good crop of garlic this year and am picking some nice egg plant but my tomato crop is pathetic. I'd kill for a 2 pounder!!!!
MAK

Re: Garden Results 216

Post by MAK »

Wish I knew what type this actual is - Dad got the seed from an old timer who passed away before we could get details - Dad always felt it was a German - Sauce tomato - I grow mostly Beef hearts (20 plants) - another good solid sauce type - usually larger tomato than Roma and round in shape - limited seeds / pulp - great table tomato - found a real old bottle (1992) of this heirloom seed which we called BlackLog (since that's the Valley where the old fellow lived) and planted 8 on a lark - 4 plants grew! - u b too far for me to send you some of the results, be glad to send seeds to anyone that wants them.

I'll be eating tomato and onion sandwiches on home made bread with 'other ingredients' - for the next 6 weeks - ain't no wonder my shape is round!!!
MAK

Return to “Camp Dinner”