Turkey stew

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
WoodMoose

Turkey stew

Post by WoodMoose »

I took a couple of Osceola thighs out and after thawing I cooked them in water to cover with an onion and seasoning (Cracker Boy and black pepper). Cooked until done, then cooled, deboned, and returned to pot.

cut up the Trinity (bell pepper, onion, and celery) then sauted in a small amount of olive oil,,,,,,add to pot.

cut up root stock into bit sized pieces,,,I used two large carrots,,,,two medium sweet potatoes,,,two med Irish taters,,,,and add to pot

reheat till carrots are soft (about 45 minutes or so),,,,,,,,,then mix in roux cheater,,,,,

,,,,(OK,,,so I was lazy today),,,,,,I also added a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce and a 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper,,,,,,,some garlic flakes

stir for about 10 minutes till roux is fully incorporated and the additional seasonings blend,,,,,

and chow down,,,,,,,,,,,,tasted mighty good to me,,,,,,,,it was even better the next day after reheating (what stew isn't?)

CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Turkey stew

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Looks great! Cold and rainy in VA, that would be good with some grilled cheese sandwiches!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Turkey stew

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING

Return to “Camp Dinner”