any of you bowfish? Lets see them boats & bows
Camo Solutions http://www.camo-solutions.com
Red Hawk Archery Pro Staff http://www.redhawk-archery.com
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Any Bowfishers here?

Post by Grover »

Don, I've only gone once, and loved it but I have too many expensive hobies now so I've resisted jumping into that. It is great fun though.
"INFIDEL"
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

I love it. Got an ams on my diamond. Shoot tilapia from the bank. As fun as fishing!
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

I used to to a lot of it. It's legal to shoot redfish in LA, so that's what we targeted the most. We've also shoot a lot of flounders, drum and Sheepheads. Sometimes we take a bow offshore and shoot sharks, dolphins aka dorado's, and cobia. Though I don't do it any more it was fun while I did. If I can find any old pic's I'll post them. If your ever down in S.E. LA, I can take you to a few spots where you can sink your boat shooting fish. We've got plenty redfish, gar, carp and sheep head.
pdqt

Post by pdqt »

Had been seeing some carp while fishing this year. Finally rounded up a bow, and bought a arrow. tied the arrow to a spinning rod, instead of the bow. Some of the fish we were seeing, were pretty good, I figured 20-25 lb. Shot three times, 1st miss, 2nd a scale, 3rd a good hit, which resulted in a broken rod when the fish ran right under the boat. The line held, and when it was over the fish was 50" long and 55 lb. by the weight formula. My scale would only go to 50 lb. so measured, length and girth, and used the calc. I guess my weight estimate was off a bit, I knew some of them were at least 3' long, but didn't think some were over 4'. :shock:

Return to “Fishing”