Pattern/barrel problem

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Spurcollecta

Re: Pattern/barrel problem

Post by Spurcollecta »

Timmypo1 wrote:I absolutely agree that it's fine pattern for hunting out past 60 yards. I just don't like the idea that almost 10% of my pellets are in a completely separate group, 3 feet away from my other group at 40 yards. Probably just being anal/picky, but that's kind of why I'm loading TSS in the first place. I'm also a little nervous that the barrel defect might be a safety issue too. I'll let Remington decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, are these flyers present at the same distance with the other six chokes you have or was this the only choke you shot up close once you decided it was the one that gave you the best 40yd pattern?

It'd be great if you knew someone that had that same choke and you could try theirs out to make sure it's not something funky going on with your choke before sending in your bbl
Timmypo1

Pattern/barrel problem

Post by Timmypo1 »

Spurcollecta wrote:
Timmypo1 wrote:I absolutely agree that it's fine pattern for hunting out past 60 yards. I just don't like the idea that almost 10% of my pellets are in a completely separate group, 3 feet away from my other group at 40 yards. Probably just being anal/picky, but that's kind of why I'm loading TSS in the first place. I'm also a little nervous that the barrel defect might be a safety issue too. I'll let Remington decide.

Again, are these flyers present at the same distance with the other six chokes you have or was this the only choke you shot up close once you decided it was the one that gave you the best 40yd pattern?

It'd be great if you knew someone that had that same choke and you could try theirs out to make sure it's not something funky going on with your choke before sending in your bbl
They are present with a Carlsons 6.75 and 6.80. I didn't shoot any of the other chokes I have at short range, because none of them gave me patterns that I was happy with, so I won't be using them anyway. The flyers ranged from high left to high center. Every pattern was different, but they all had between 40 and 60 high flyers.

Spurcollecta

Post by Spurcollecta »

Gotcha. It'll be interesting to see what Remington says is wrong with it and hopefully they'll get you taken care of
d.winsor

Post by d.winsor »

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I don't think you will find any gun, choke or shell setup that you will be happy with. Good Luck I hope you do.
Timmypo1

Pattern/barrel problem

Post by Timmypo1 »

d.winsor wrote:I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I don't think you will find any gun, choke or shell setup that you will be happy with. Good Luck I hope you do.
Lol! It would take a lot more than that to hurt my feelings.... And maybe you're right, but it's not gonna stop me from trying!

Return to “Gun Talk”