.670 Haymaker Choke & Magblends

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
remmy1187

Re: .670 Haymaker Choke & Magblends

Post by remmy1187 »

That is unreal with Magblends, killer for sure.
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by slickyboyboo »

Someone on our state hunting forum was trying to sell one for a Remmy for $50, looks like it would be a good deal.

http://www.bullnettlenews.com/forum/yaf ... Gauge.aspx
Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!
BrentM

Post by BrentM »

What shot size and payload were you using when you tried the federal HWT's?
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

BrentM wrote:What shot size and payload were you using when you tried the federal HWT's?

31/2" 1 7/8 oz # 7's
BrentM

Post by BrentM »

I was just curious I don't get too caught up in numbers when it comes to the HWT stuff because it hits so hard. There are only 410 pellets in that shell, so the numbers really don't have a chance to be great.
Nobody knows I don't think, but I'm assuming the magblends are at least half 7's, and that would put their total pellet count well over 500. You're probably getting about 50% of the shot charge in the 10" ring with the magblends, so that's really impressive.
You would have to get just over 200 with the HWT's to have the same percentage, but I'd still shoot the HWT even if I was only getting 160 or so. That stuff is bad news.
I don't understand why federal loads that stuff so light we are loading 2 ounces of it in a 3" shell and it does great on turkeys. I think federal could corner the market on turkey shells if they would get rid of that goofy wad and start loading full-house loads.
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

BrentM wrote: I think federal could corner the market on turkey shells if they would get rid of that goofy wad and start loading full-house loads.
Amen! Tell it brother.

Return to “Gun Talk”