shotguns, clays, and family fun

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

shotguns, clays, and family fun

Post by hawglips »

Had a relaxing day at the sporting clays course on Monday. Took my youngest son and his wife, as well as his bud.

This was the first time my daughter in law has ever shot a gun of any kind. She loved it! She started off with my 1100 .410, and towards the end shot my son's 20 and his bud's 12. She liked them all, especially the twenty.

el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: shotguns, clays, and family fun

Post by el diablo »

Looks like a good time Hal. What do you shoot at skeet TSS #10's?
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

el diablo wrote:Looks like a good time Hal. What do you shoot at skeet TSS #10's?
LOL!

No, at 50 shots per round, all distances already pre-set in lead range, and no cripples at stake, I stick with lead. But I do load up two different shells if I'm shooting that gun -- 9s in a spreader load for close in shots, and 8s in a straight wad for the others.
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

Looked like a great day :thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Nothing like family and friends at the range. Better be careful, that gal may take over your twenty, and start killin all your turkeys.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

Shooter wrote:Nothing like family and friends at the range. Better be careful, that gal may take over your twenty, and start killin all your turkeys.
Well, since she liked it, I packed it up yesterday and will UPS it out to them today. But actually, it's a gun I got my son 10 years ago, and I've only been keeping it warmed up while he has been gone the past few years. I told him I've trained it how to kill turkeys, and he's appreciative! Now that he's married, they'll be needing the gun out there with them.

Gave my oldest daughter and her husband a Mossberg Mav 88 20 gauge for Christmas too.

I've still got my Browning A5 twenty, and a Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U twenty. Never killed a turkey with the Mossberg twenty, so I'll probaby use that one on turkeys if I get the itch to do it this year. I'm loving the CZ 28 gauge so much, I may not get around to toting the twenty at all though...
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

your post has me wanting to go shoot some sporting clays.

I bet your D.I.L. would love to kill her first turkey with that 20.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gun Talk”