UltraDot tube-style red dot sight?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

UltraDot tube-style red dot sight?

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I came into possession of one of these recently. Didn’t know much about them so I looked them up. They are more expensive than I realized. Seems like they are popular for pistols. Small size, light weight, and no magnification. Seems like those characteristics would also make it a fine sight for a turkey gun. Anybody used one for turkeys?

It may be a great turkey sight, but all my guns are already set up with FF3s. So if anyone wants to try this out, I’d make you a deal. Otherwise I may eventually put it on a .22 for my kids.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: UltraDot tube-style red dot sight?

Post by Hognutz »

I am very familiar with Ultra Dot red dots! I own 2. One is on a Ruger Mk4 .22 pistol and one is on a MK2. I have the competition model on the Mk4. They are underrated and not ever mentioned much. Widely used in pistol competition. Durable, hold zero extremely well and have great battery life! From what I'm told, they will stand up to recoil. I can't attest to that. It is a great gift to you. It will serve you well!
Hope this helps some.
This is the Mk4.
F8D9501E-9E2D-4E9C-A378-D6B96EFC340F.jpeg
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

10 rounds at 20 yards.
DB403797-B4D8-4DC9-8EF9-CB235AC17BAF.jpeg
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
firedup

Post by firedup »

I used one on an 835 for a long time. Always held up and did well. No issues with recoil. In fact, its still on the gun in working condition, I just retired the whole rig. I went to a reflex (FF3, Venom) type simply for a greater field of view. They do make a great pistol site as well.

Return to “Gun Talk”