Request help ATI Calvary over under 410

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Padavek

Request help ATI Calvary over under 410

Post by Padavek »

I own an ATI Calvary Over Under .410 shotgun originally purchased for squirrel and dove hunting. However I recently decided I wanted to try to take a turkey with it but have run into some choke issues. When purchased the manufacturer stated the shotgun utilized the mobil choke tube system however this is not true and will only use an inch long proprietary choke. I bought some TSS loads and fired it through the modified choke but after cleaning I noticed the choke tube was hard to get out of the gun. When shooting standard lead shot I never encountered this problem. Is it safe to put TSS loads through this firearm? Please help.
Trustyrusty

Re: Request help ATI Calvary over under 410

Post by Trustyrusty »

The issuelies in the material the choke is made of. Increasing forcing pressures from TSS surpass the "yield strength" of that steel used to make that choke causing it to expand. Eventually it will not be removable.
What thread are the factory chokes? Maybe upload a pic of one and we'll try to figure it out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Return to “Gun Talk”