Old School Greenleaf

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Oldschoolguy

Old School Greenleaf

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I'm just wondering, are the old school Remington 11-87 SPS-T and 870s with 21" barrels in the Mossy Oak Greenleaf and Bottomland camo patterns still bringing big money?
Attachments
wm_5331203.jpg
HoltBensley

Re: Old School Greenleaf

Post by HoltBensley »

I paid 550 for the Greenleaf I bought last year
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I think when they made the pattern available for dipping it ended the outrageous price era. Now anybody can have a greenleaf gun for $200
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Ss who is dipping in the original green leaf?
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Honestly, I haven’t looked into who may actually be doing it. I know Mossy Oak released the film (or licensed it to a film manufacturer - See Here) - so it’s out there. It’s my understanding that the same company makes all the MO films. Since it’s available I assumed it was common. But that assumption could be wrong. I would think anyone who dips in mossy oak patterns could get it though.

It looks like anyone can now buy the film through that link - 3 meters for $55. Check with your preferred dipper, but I suspect they would let you buy the film and have them dip it for you even if they don’t normally offer greenleaf.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Oldschoolguy

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Nobody is dipping the original greenleaf. Mossy Oak would not allow the film to be exactly like the original. I've seen a few pictures of the "new" greenleaf and I can tell the difference 10 feet away.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Oldschoolguy wrote: March 6th, 2020, 1:15 am Nobody is dipping the original greenleaf. Mossy Oak would not allow the film to be exactly like the original. I've seen a few pictures of the "new" greenleaf and I can tell the difference 10 feet away.

Your eyes are a lot better than mine. Not sure what mossy oak would gain by licensing the original green leaf but not letting it be like the original green leaf. Even if there is some small difference I don’t see, It’s certainly close enough to slow down the $2,000 sales on “original” green leaf guns.
mrlongbeard

Post by mrlongbeard »

Southern Sportsman wrote: March 5th, 2020, 9:30 am I think when they made the pattern available for dipping it ended the outrageous price era. Now anybody can have a greenleaf gun for $200
I have tracked every Old School Remington sold on Gunbroker for years. They still sell regularly for as much as $2000 plus. This new release pattern has had zero affect on Old School Remingtons. To say different is comical.
MeadowCreekMounts

Post by MeadowCreekMounts »

mrlongbeard wrote: March 6th, 2020, 12:45 pm
Southern Sportsman wrote: March 5th, 2020, 9:30 am I think when they made the pattern available for dipping it ended the outrageous price era. Now anybody can have a greenleaf gun for $200
I have tracked every Old School Remington sold on Gunbroker for years. They still sell regularly for as much as $2000 plus. This new release pattern has had zero affect on Old School Remingtons. To say different is comical.
Exactly. I've had a gun dipped in Bottomland and Greenleaf myself, but if anything the film being available has made the originals go up.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

mrlongbeard wrote: March 6th, 2020, 12:45 pm
I’ll take your word for it. Personally I don’t understand the infatuation, but admittedly I don’t follow the prices of them. Wish I had one. It’d be for sale tonight.
Oldschoolguy

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I kinda compare it to classic cars. A fake SS Chevelle or Camaro will sell but, it will never bring the money a real one will. JMO
Thsbarker

Post by Thsbarker »

Do you have one for sale?
Oldschoolguy

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I may be putting a few on GB here shortly. I'm watching one on there now and it's at $1300 with 8 days left in auction. Going to see how high it goes.
Bustabeak

Post by Bustabeak »

There is a guy right out of Birmingham that is dipping the greenleaf. I just dropped off a franchi 20 gauge to him last week. Now I don’t know the difference if there is a new or old version, but I liked the one he had and he seemed to do pretty good work. It’s called Jays hydro graphics. I hope to have it back soon!
Bustabeak

Post by Bustabeak »

Oldschoolguy wrote: March 8th, 2020, 12:02 pm I may be putting a few on GB here shortly. I'm watching one on there now and it's at $1300 with 8 days left in auction. Going to see how high it goes.
I can’t believe they’re going for that! I’d like to have one, but man, that’s a lot.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I've heard tell of folks killing turkeys as far as 40 yards with those original greenleaf guns, especially if you load em up with TSS. I'd be glad to pay $2000 for that kind of performance out of an old shotgun. :violent1:
:)
Oldschoolguy

Post by Oldschoolguy »

It's at $2125 and still 3 days left in auction. LOL
Leadchunker

Post by Leadchunker »

Seller probably has someone running the price up,no turkey gun is worth that
Jlong86

Post by Jlong86 »

I have one if anyone is interested. In superb condition! Greenleaf
Yule

Post by Yule »

There is something fishy going on. One or two new guys on GB with zero to one trades, bidding on a newly dipped gun to over $2K. Several of the ones for sell are coming from the same place ( notice how they are displayed ) and they are not ( in my opinion ) the original guns from the early 90's. Looks to me like a nice dip job, but there is no way they are bringing $2K.... if so I am going to buy some used black guns for $500 and have them dipped for, lets say $300 and watch the bring ??? on GB. JMO
Thsbarker

Post by Thsbarker »

Jlong86 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 2:46 pm I have one if anyone is interested. In superb condition! Greenleaf
Still have it?

Return to “Gun Talk”