The lower the better...

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
KyKRAZEE

The lower the better...

Post by KyKRAZEE »

What is the best/lowest mount to put a red dot on a shotgun? It's a Stoeger M3020 and has the back 2 holes drilled and currently has a half of a Weaver 48339 multi slot base on it for the benelli & franchi shotguns. It's a good setup but lookin to get it lower to the receiver.
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: The lower the better...

Post by Hoobilly »

the Marlin 336 base is the thinnest. then sumtoy. but please look at the egw as its the best one I have used. solid and never loosens up one when tightened down
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

hoobilly wrote: July 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm the Marlin 336 base is the thinnest. then sumtoy. but please look at the egw as its the best one I have used. solid and never loosens up one when tightened down
The Marlin 336 that Burris makes for the FF3 to sit on?
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

KyKRAZEE wrote: July 5th, 2019, 12:48 am
hoobilly wrote: July 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm the Marlin 336 base is the thinnest. then sumtoy. but please look at the egw as its the best one I have used. solid and never loosens up one when tightened down
The Marlin 336 that Burris makes for the FF3 to sit on?
Yep.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Which egw base did you use, the universal?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Turkinator wrote: July 5th, 2019, 6:35 pm
Which egw base did you use, the universal?
670 contour I have a couple of them. built right!

KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

Do the holes on the 336 line up for the regular benelli mount? 2 close together in the back and 2 separated at the front?
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

KyKRAZEE wrote: July 6th, 2019, 10:08 am
Do the holes on the 336 line up for the regular benelli mount? 2 close together in the back and 2 separated at the front?
The 336 has 2 close holes only and not sure if that fits the factory Benelli spacing or not. The EGW does

Fl strutter

Post by Fl strutter »

The 336 holes are 1/2 inch apart center to center and are 8-40 screws
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

SpeedBead, you can sight right down the rib and use the bead.
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 6th, 2019, 3:09 pm SpeedBead, you can sight right down the rib and use the bead.
Do make a speedbead for a Stoeger M3020?
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 6th, 2019, 3:09 pm SpeedBead, you can sight right down the rib and use the bead.
Burris says they don't make one that will fit the Stoeger, but I'm wondering if one for one of the other models will fit. ( Benelli)
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

KyKRAZEE wrote: July 6th, 2019, 3:19 pm
Burris says they don't make one that will fit the Stoeger, but I'm wondering if one for one of the other models will fit. ( Benelli)
They are not that hard to modify, I modified one to fit a 20 ga. Affinity and a 28 ga. TriStar Viper G2.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

KyKRAZEE wrote: July 6th, 2019, 3:19 pm
The way they attach are different. The Benelli has dimples on top and bottom and the dimples on the Stoeger are on the sides. This keeps them from spinning around

KyKRAZEE

Post by KyKRAZEE »

I'd like to go that route if I could. Do ya'll know which one would be the closest one to start with for the Stoeger?
BIG BLUE NATION FOREVER

Return to “Gun Talk”