compact youth model size...fitment?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
-DIRTNAP-

compact youth model size...fitment?

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

trying to decide if I want to go with a compact youth size gun. guys who have tried them how are you finding the fitment...? I want to get either a benelli m2 or a franchi affinity 3 compact. I think the shorter length of pull would be nice but don't want it to be to small I am 6'0. I also want the shortest barrel I can get and it seems to be a 24" but you have to get the compact?
BrowningGuy88

Re: compact youth model size...fitment?

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

I have no trouble with the youth 870 stock when I’m set up on a bird. Now, I can’t wing shoot with it!
dirtnap

Post by dirtnap »

I like a youth model myself. Hard to beat an 870 for turkey. DIRTNAP why don't you just hunt with some of the guns you are asking about and decide what YOU like.
nyhunter

Post by nyhunter »

the 870 compact has a youth size stock and 2 spacers to lengthen it out, I tried it with the spacers and eventually took them out I like it with the shorter length of pull
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

dirtnap wrote: April 15th, 2019, 6:56 pm I like a youth model myself. Hard to beat an 870 for turkey. DIRTNAP why don't you just hunt with some of the guns you are asking about and decide what YOU like.
if i had them to hunt with i wouldnt be asking....i have a browning maxus and a 870 youth 20 but it doesnt have a youth stock it has a shur shot...
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

thinking about trading my maxus on a m2 or buying a affinity only reason i ask is they are expensive thought maybe some people with real world experience could help
Skimerhorn

Post by Skimerhorn »

You looking for 12 or 20 ga compact?
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

20 or even maybe a 12 with 21" barrel
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

This is my 870 Youth Model with the adult length Shurshot Stock added. I just bought a B-Square saddle mount for it today and am putting Vortex Venom on it tonight. Sorry for the sideways picture. Attachment flip it. Just click the photo to see it.
Attachments
5E67C04B-CB74-4917-9476-CE1613B96FB0.jpeg
Mike
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

Double check with Franchi, but I’m pretty sure the Affinity compact comes with stock spacers, if that makes you feel better about it. I recently ordered the full size version, just because it comes D/T for optic mounting, but the compact version does not. Otherwise, I would’ve gotten the compact.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Brandon Martin

Post by Brandon Martin »

I’ve got a new affinity 3 20 gauge compact it’s drilles and tapped from the factory and comes with shims and stock spacers. I absolutely love the gun so far and is by far the lightest gun I’ve ever hunted with. It also seems to be really high quality considering it’s half the price of the m2.

Return to “Gun Talk”