Finally bought some TSS

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
BirdCatcher

Finally bought some TSS

Post by BirdCatcher »

I stopped at a gun shop up near our main office today. He’s the only local place that carries Federal TSS in #9. Bought two boxes of 20 gauge 3” 1 1/2 ounce #9 and one box of .410 3” 13/16 ounce #9.

Will be trying the 20 gauge in my T/C Pro-Hunter with a Sumtoy choke.

Figured I would try the .410 in my Stevens 94 that Santa gave me back in 81. :mrgreen:
“What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Finally bought some TSS

Post by Hoobilly »

Your gonna luv them turkey killing shells.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

They are a real game changer. Especially for he 410!
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

I should have gotten into the tss game many years ago, but, I was getting patterns with my lead reloads that would kill at 50 yards or so. That was out of a 835 2oz. I dove into tss with a 20ga and it blew my mind. My 40 yard targets were way better than my 30 lead factory load targets. Then I tried the 410. Holy things I can not say. My lead load had a killing pattern to 25 yards. I thought it looked pretty darn good. Then I saw my 40 yard tss target. Over 130 in the 10 at 40 and not supper tight at 25.

The only problem I have with tss is that now I am gonna have to work even harder to get a bird. I take a few kids out and I used to have to get the bird around 25 to seal the deal. With the swamp area we hunt the only restriction will be them having to go to school! I can live with that.

TSS is like sex, once you try it you are hooked.

Return to “Gun Talk”