410 pistol lovers!

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

410 pistol lovers!

Post by Hoobilly »

Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
BirdCatcher

Re: 410 pistol lovers!

Post by BirdCatcher »

They were selling raffle tickets for those at the NWTF convention. Has made me think about getting a Match Grade Machine barrel for my Contender.
“What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer
swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

Looks sharp but that's a heafty price tag
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

BirdCatcher wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:40 pm They were selling raffle tickets for those at the NWTF convention. Has made me think about getting a Match Grade Machine barrel for my Contender.
that would be sweet!

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

swampchicken wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:52 pm Looks sharp but that's a heafty price tag
yep I agreee

joey46

Post by joey46 »

It is pricey but I know two guys that at this moment can no longer fire a shotgun because of medical conditions. One has a permanent pacemaker on his left side and he is a left hand shooter that will not switch sides. The other a temporary shoulder issue also on his shooting side. Both would be candidates for this pistol. Did someone mention it was displayed at the convention? More info please from anyone that has hands on experience. Sounds almost too good to be true for someone with a disability. :thumbup:
BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

joey46 wrote: March 6th, 2019, 3:14 am It is pricey but I know two guys that at this moment can no longer fire a shotgun because of medical conditions. One has a permanent pacemaker on his left side and he is a left hand shooter that will not switch sides. The other a temporary shoulder issue also on his shooting side. Both would be candidates for this pistol. Did someone mention it was displayed at the convention? More info please from anyone that has hands on experience. Sounds almost too good to be true for someone with a disability. :thumbup:

All I can say is that some beautiful blondes were carrying it around the convention and asking for $20 per ticket. :D It looked nice, was pretty long but looked sharp. Myself, I’d go the Thompson Center route for a shorter overall length.
“What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Thanks! I'll pass the info along. Know nothing about the T/C either but will check it out.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I had an old buddy give me a T/C .45/.410 bbl. for a contender, last week. It’s fairly old but in great shape. Probably a 10ish inch bbl. I don’t have a contender frame, as of yet...
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

Hognutz wrote: March 6th, 2019, 9:22 am I had an old buddy give me a T/C .45/.410 bbl. for a contender, last week. It’s fairly old but in great shape. Probably a 10ish inch bbl. I don’t have a contender frame, as of yet...
Congratulations! Nice gift. I own a Contender pistol, Encore pistol and several Encore Rifle/Shotguns. They’re a lot of fun.

I watched a video on YouTube the other day where a guy killed a gobbler with a Contender. I’ll go try and find it.
BirdCatcher

Post by BirdCatcher »

T/C Contender Spring Gobbler Hunt

https://youtu.be/dzouxhzc0OU
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Thanks, BirdCatcher. Great video! That is the exact bbl. that I have.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Hognutz wrote: March 6th, 2019, 12:44 pm Thanks, BirdCatcher. Great video! That is the exact bbl. that I have.
have a turkey tube made for it!! that would be sweet!

and I loved the video!

Grouse870

Post by Grouse870 »

It looks like they get away with it being a smoothbore pistol much the same way as a mossberg shockwave/Remington tac14 being a virgin receiver with no stock and over 26”. I wonder since mossberg makes the shockwave in .410 and I believe it is drilled and tapped. Getting it threaded for choke tubes probably wouldn’t be super expensive and I think they run about 300-350. Might be a fun project.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Grouse870 wrote: March 7th, 2019, 1:24 am It looks like they get away with it being a smoothbore pistol much the same way as a mossberg shockwave/Remington tac14 being a virgin receiver with no stock and over 26”. I wonder since mossberg makes the shockwave in .410 and I believe it is drilled and tapped. Getting it threaded for choke tubes probably wouldn’t be super expensive and I think they run about 300-350. Might be a fun project.
that sounds like cheaper fun!

Return to “Gun Talk”