Advice on Winchester SX2 barrel

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
KyScott

Advice on Winchester SX2 barrel

Post by KyScott »

Ok Fellas here's the deal. I took a Winchester SX2 that I recently picked up on a trade to have the receiver drilled and tapped for a rail by a Gun Smith and was told that the receiver was aluminum and was to thin to drill for a rail? I don't want to use a saddle or mount something to the vent rib. So that leads me to a couple questions hoping somebody here might know. Thanks ahead for any advice.

1. If I can find a rifled cantilever barrel can the riflings be removed and threads added for choke?

or

2. Is there somebody that can remove the vent rib on my barrel and add a cantilever?
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Advice on Winchester SX2 barrel

Post by el diablo »

What kind of optic are you looking to put on it?
KyScott

Post by KyScott »

el diablo wrote: February 18th, 2019, 3:31 pm What kind of optic are you looking to put on it?
Probably the Holosun HE510C-GR Elite
KyScott

Post by KyScott »

Sorry It wasn't posting then all the sudden it post 4 times.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

KyScott wrote: February 18th, 2019, 3:52 pm Sorry It wasn't posting then all the sudden it post 4 times.
I deleted a couple for you.

l recommend the Burris FF3 https://www.burrisoptics.com/sights/fas ... fastfire-3 go to this page and if you want to buy the Burris type in promo code GN20 for 20% off of msrp

please check it out and also check out the EGW red dot base.( egwguns.com ) This base only needs 2 holes drilled in your receiver to mount and is a very sturdy base. coupled with the Burris FF3 youll have the cats meow set up and be ready to kill some gobblers cheaper than buying just the Holosun.

I have seen SX's that have been tapped and there should be no problem

find another gun smith!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
KyScott

Post by KyScott »

Thanks Hoobilly. I have a couple of the EGW rails on 2 model 70’s. Didn’t think about looking to see what they had for red dots. I know the FF3 is nice just wanting to try something different. Lol
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

KyScott wrote: February 19th, 2019, 10:33 am Thanks Hoobilly. I have a couple of the EGW rails on 2 model 70’s. Didn’t think about looking to see what they had for red dots. I know the FF3 is nice just wanting to try something different. Lol
and theres no problem with trying something different. if someone back in the day didnt try the 336 marlin base and a Burris FF1 we wouldnt be where its at today

and from my memory MKW is the first person I know of that used a red dot on a turkey gun.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gun Talk”